pending due to visa number is not available means does name check etc.,

sa24

Registered Users (C)
Case is pending due to visa number is not available means does name check, security check etc., are completed? Any body has same exp? any idea's gurs.....

sa24

The two are unrelated. Name check could be initiated in parallel while waiting for visa number or after visa number is available. can't say when it's completed.

I got the same response for my enquiry too. Some of my friends thinks it may indicate that namecheck is complete. Because some of the people got a response saying name check and visa numbers are pending clearly. since we got only visa number pending, we may deduct that it means NC complete.

But unfortunately I can't tell that for 100% surity. Any other's with similat experience can pitch in.

Thanks emailraja,glifeusa2005. I guess if you have process resumed msg and if you get msg like case is pending due to visa number through enquiry means case is almost done just waiting for visa number.

Yep. You are waiting for the visa # availablilty. Check your PD's, if you are current call them right away. We got the same message last year, checked our PD and it was current, called them back and they said it was put in the wrong category (EB3 instead of EB2) and they corrected it. It moved pretty fast after that.

Can you guys please post the emailID for Vermont , and email format to request for case status.
I'am afraid that they would say, "please go and check the status online ".
So please send the email format with emailID.
It will be of great help.

thanks

You can call them and ask about your case status.

babyluck said:
Can you guys please post the emailID for Vermont , and email format to request for case status.
I'am afraid that they would say, "please go and check the status online ".
So please send the email format with emailID.
It will be of great help.

thanks

Visa # is standards response since Jan 2005 for EB3 applicants. it does not indicate that name check and security check is complete..

Response to my enquiry was more or less same but slightly different language -

"'Your visa is currently on hold once the visa is available we shall continue with your case."

I am not sure my other processing like name check etc. is done or not. Any ideas?

EB3 India/VSC
PD 06/2002
ND 09/2003
FP1 10/2004

MD_Rockville said:
Visa # is standards response since Jan 2005 for EB3 applicants. it does not indicate that name check and security check is complete..

When I called VSC, the rep told me if the case status shows "visa hold case" then it means your security check is complete. I am not sure whom to believe.

monitor said:
When I called VSC, the rep told me if the case status shows "visa hold case" then it means your security check is complete. I am not sure whom to believe.

Ask GOD!!!

;-)
--Naveen Oshos

pinnu,

Can you please post the emailId for VSC centre and email format.
I tried calling them but those said that check online status. It is most updated info.
If you can send emailid, then I will email and see what reply they send to me.

thanks

babyluck

I didn't send any email. I called them up. And I got the reply in mail after one month. When calling cust. rep., don't ask for case status otherwise they will tell you to check status online. Tell them your case is outside processing time and you want the reason for delay. Normally Customer Service people look at VSC processing times (and not at PD) and your I485 receipt date to register your enquiry.

monitor said:
it is easy to get optimistic to get disappointment eventually..

easy way is to work on day to day activities ( if you can invoke AC21 ) and keep retrogression issues on the back seat.. one day it will get approved..

IT professional ( assuming 80 % of applicants are IT pro ) can move from 45- 60 K to 130-150 K salary using AC21.. unless you want to get promoted to a manager, i see no problem with retrogression..

Last edited by a moderator: