\'Pending\' discussion again (IMPORTANT)

I -140 an year back approved

YES, it was. But i filed 485 in 10\99.I dont have H1 now,EAD only.
Just thinking if 485 get denyied .What next...a negative thinking,sorry.DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT* ASSIGNED TO AN EXAMINER*
 thanks buddy ,if you have time please reply.

No Title

Well i am no expert at second-guessing IIOs. How long have you been getting \'Assigned to Officer\'?
You are past the 540 days. Maybe it is time for you to contact the local senator. Just a thought.
Do you know why it is taking so long in your case? Have the IIOs mentioned anything?

2+1

July 24th i called ,again aug 24th i called again at that time she told my case is under review.yesterday i got information from my attys office that my case is assigned to an examiner,atty. called INS.My PD/10/99,RD/9/00,ND/10/00.If i contact local senator what they will do?Iam afraid if too many calls to INS create more problems?

No Title

eagle123,
In your earlier post, you said your 485 was filed in 10/99. That is why i said it might be time for you to contact a local senator.
Your next post says your ND is 10/00 with a PD of 10/99. Quite honestly, you are pissing me off(My PD is 05/96 with a ND of 07/00).
Please be a little patient. Good luck.

really sorry

If i said like that its a big typing mistake in my part.REALLY SORRY.GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO.I never tried to cheat you.

Trying check this.

Trying there was one approval today. I140 for CP and applied I485.
Sunny485 "Yaaaaahoooooooooo! Sunny485 Approved!" 8/29/01 7:56pm

No Title

dam01,
Thanks. I hadn\'t seen that post until you brought it up (Has not been to the site since yesterday evening). Anyhow i guess that is a positive development for all of us. If all the guys start posting their approvals along with whether they were approved for CP or not, that will definitely give us a timeline.
One thing that i found different in his case was that he does not seem to have fallen into the infamous \'pending\' status which a lot of us are stuck in.

No Title

Guys,
Here is the answer i got from Ron\'s site regarding the I-140 consular issue.
***************************************************************************************************************************
Hi Ron,
Is it true that the INS sometimes approves the I-140 for consular processing even if not asked
for? If so, do the files get transferred at that point to NVC for eventual transfer to a
consulate?
If I-140 is approved for consular and if the applicant applies for I-485, will it delay the
adjudication or does the filing of the I-485 trigger the return of the files to INS if they have
been sent to NVC?
Thanks.

Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Delete | Edit
 Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic

Topic:
      I-140 for consular-can it cause delays? (2 of 2), Read 5 times
 Conf:
      Adjustment of Status Issues
      Ron Gotcher
 Date:
      Wednesday, August 29, 2001 06:29 PM

It will have absolutely no effect at all on subsequent adjustment of status.
****************************************************************************************
It is pertinent to note that he has not confirmed or denied any time delays instead using a catch-all phrase (No effect on the AOS itself). I personally believe that it is causing some delays.
Just wanted to add that he (Ron), is a great guy doing a great service to immigrants, just like a lot of others.

This is nothing but Delusion

Hi Guys
During difficult times, an ordinary rope may also look like a snake to us. This thread is an unnecessary panic disturbing many people\'s sleep. I did extensive research on this and found many of my friends who were approved had the same NVC verbage in their I-140s. In fact none of them had any delays or RFEs.

Don\'t worry guys. If you have got your EAD and FP notice, then assume that everything is going smoothly. Atleast there is no problem from the I-140 angle.

I-485 and NVC

My two cents.
The older I-140 application does not have a place for an applicant to specify whether he is going for an adjuc in US, or abroad. But it does have a place to fill in for your local embassay of your hometown. Thus the confusion. INS thinks you opted for CP, hence they have send those applications which does not contain extra information (which you should write specifically )stating, the name of your local INS office where you would like to seek the ajducation.

This problem was later corrected by INS in their I-140 application, by having an extra space for an applicant to fill out information specifiying whether he would like to apply for an adju at a local INS, or abroad.

The solution to this problem.
I filled my own old I-140, and I did the same mistake of writing the name of my embassay as Madras and not specifying I will be adjucating at Vermont. Thereby, a received a letter from NVC, asking me to furnish extra information so that they can send packet 3 and so on.
I immediately wrote them a letter explaining the situation and stated that, I will be applying for my ajducation at Vermont.
They replied they will hold my applicaiton until INS makes a request.

It so happened, I applied for I-485 in Jan-01 and a recall was made by INS on Apr-24.
Hence do not panic, just write a letter to INS and NVC, stating your intention to the place of adjucation.

do not panic

Pl. do not panic. I called NVC and they told me that just don\'t bother about this. If file has gone to home country, INS will get it back. NVC girl told me that with current situation I should expect my approval in 60 days. My I140 was approved for CP. Posting by samUsam is correct.

My detail is RD 10/00 ND 11/8/00

here are my views

As told, we should not panic. But, who knows the facts that approval is not getting delayed. There are ample of cases there that persons calling IIO and IIO says they have to get file back from NVC/Home country and wait for another 4-6 weeks. Go through the recent case "Baltimore interview disappointment"--- person didn\'t get approved eventhough after interview becasuse of non-availability of I-140 file physically. Some people are lucky enough that when they filed their I-485, file might be still there at VSC or NVC and not transfered to home county.
My strong belief is that 485 is getting delayed if I-140 file is not back to SC at the time of adjudication/when they are processing files around your ND.
At the end, we can\'t do anything and it is merely wait and watch game.
Good Luck to everybody on this board. Cross the fingers.

i agree

I agree with long_way. It definately will cause some delay. We don\'t know how much will be. May several months, may be even longer. I know a co-worker, his I-140 is approved fo CP and filed I-485 and he still has got approval because of this and his ND is 10/99!! I believe eventually it will get approval but what a torture. Yes, a ordinary rope will become a snake (I quote from previous message) when you\'re dealing with INS. God bless poor soul.

Trying, NVC is playing different message now

Now it is playing like this

AVM at NVC says- "Forms and Instruction has been sent to - Attorny of Records on July 24,2000. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive the packet.
Submit all documentation to US Consulate - Chennai If you haven\'t received the packet then contact NVC in writing or send fax at 603-334-0791.If you receive fingerprint notice then go through all the instructions written on it.If you want to check whether your case is current or not call 202-663-1541.

Before it was played extra message like you file transfered to US Consulate - Chennai on Aug.

It means NVC transfered my I140 records to INS

NVC playing different message

Now it is playing like this

AVM at NVC says- "Forms and Instruction has been sent to - Attorny of Records on July 24,2000. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive the packet.
Submit all documentation to US Consulate - Chennai If you haven\'t received the packet then contact NVC in writing or send fax at 603-334-0791.If you receive fingerprint notice then go through all the instructions written on it.If you want to check whether your case is current or not call 202-663-1541.

Before it was played extra message like you file transfered to US Consulate - Chennai on Aug.

It means NVC transfered my I140 records to INS

No Title

I\'m on the same boat as described by \'dam01\'. Which one is correct, files sent to US Consulate or to INS? I could not make out from those words from NVC.

No Title

INS requested my file from NVC on Aug 2 nd week. I have called NVC on the same time the message was played that time is different from now. The earlier message was packet3 sent to an Attorney of Records on July 24,2000 and your file is sent to US Consulate - Chennai on August. But now it is playing packet3 sent to an Attorney of Records on July 24,2000 and Submit all documentation to US Consulate and it is not playing the word "your file is sent to US Consulate - Chennai on August."

long_way approved on 8/29

INFO. FOR ALL MY CO-WAITERS HERE:
RD: 9/11/00
ND: 10/10/00

I heard my approval on AVM tonight. As mentioned earlier in this chat about my I-140 was approved for CP and checking at NVC says, file has been transfered to Mumbai on 8/31/01.
Inspite of that I got approval 8/29/01.
Don\'t let it go. Keep up the confidence and faith in GOD. Yours are pretty close. GOOD LUCK!!!