'pending decision,' clock stopped counting but EAD USCIS part is currently running

burak87

I have a 'decision is pending' notification on USCIS website. I had my interview on November 1. When I call USCIS to get information about my case; I notice My EAD clock has stopped counting days on the 99th day and it has not been adding up more days for the last four days now and also telling me my EAD clock USCIS portion is currently running. I would be happy if you could tell what this meant. Am I referred to the court?

No, the clock doesn't stop until EOIR or BIA(after EOIR) denies your case. It should be running from the day USCIS received your application until final denial by BIA.

I had a valid B1/B2 visa on the day of my interview Nov 1. EAD clock has added days till the past four days. It stopped at day 99. It should be day 104 now. EAD USCIS portion clock is stilling running. I am confused.

No, the clock doesn't stop until EOIR or BIA(after EOIR) denies your case. It should be running from the day USCIS received your application until final denial by BIA.
What do you recommend me to do? It had been couning from the very first day till after I had my interview. It has stopped counting four days ago. My 'decision is pending' and the clock is running. Thak you sadsoul.

Mine also stopped adding days 15 days ago while the clock is still running. I applied for asylum on June 29, 2021 and I got interviewed on September 20,2021. I am panicking as I hear it can be a sign of a referral to court. God be with Us.

My take on that is, if you are on a valid status on the day of the interview and if the clock stops, that most likely means, you will get NOID soon and a final denial afterwards if you are not able to cover issues in NOID. Only If you don't have status, you are referred to EOIR where your clock continues running until BIA appeal.

My take on that is, if you are on a valid status on the day of the interview and if the clock stops, that most likely means, you will get NOID soon and a final denial afterwards if you are not able to cover issues in NOID. Only If you don't have status, you are referred to EOIR where your clock continues running until BIA appeal.
Yes as per the info I get here from other participants It’s more or less A referral to court. My status still say pending and waiting for decision. I hope it’s some kind of a glitch on USCIS system as I am out of status at the date of interview.

You never know and once a clock is stopped, its very hard to get it started, and usually, even if by mistake, USCIS doesn't backdate the clock.
So, might as well check with USCIS office on the status of the clock.

And if you haven't, it's good to file a FOIA.