• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Pending Asylee winning DV lottery FY2022 while in US.

SteveAdam

Hi Everyone,

I'm a pending asylee in the US and just learnt that I won DV FY2022.
I entered with a B1 visa on June 2019 and applied for asylum before my visa expired in Nov 2019.

I'm still waiting for my interview and unsure if I could apply for adjustment.

Different attorneys have different responses.

Has anyone been in the same or similar situation.

If so please write me back or connect with me via email azemshop@email.com

Thank you

hi steve

first of all congratulations on your winning , I can't give advice on what to do next steps but I will forward you a YouTube guy who knows or may know a lot of dv lottery stuff. also if I were you I would consult an attorney to take look my case.
/channel/UC6_QNxZtYyZXLp80x3104PQ

hi steve

first of all congratulations on your winning , I can't give advice on what to do next steps but I will forward you a YouTube guy who knows or may know a lot of dv lottery stuff. also if I were you I would consult an attorney to take look my case.
/channel/UC6_QNxZtYyZXLp80x3104PQ
Hi and thanks for your response!

I already tried reaching out to Britt but never got a response.

I will for other people comments who may know more details on this topic...

Appreciate your time

Asylum pending is technically not a valid non-immigrant status AFAIK. One needs to be in an eligible non-immigrant status in order to file AOS.

We’ve had some cases with asylum pending status who successfully completed the DV based AOS process some years back (check the past Timeline spreadsheets or go through some of the past AOS threads). There are also reports of people with asylum pending status whose DV based AOS applications got denied. For the current FY, DV2020, I’m yet to come across of any such approval as of now (there’s roughly 2 1/2 months left). Take a look at the “DV Incident Tracker” spreadsheet (see link in my signature box) - it has an Asylum Pending tab which I recently started for tracking DV based AOS applications with asylum pending status.

Thank you. I have seen someone in the thread (Omar70707070) who is also a pending asylee since 2016 and was able to do the adjustment although he didnt have a status so how did he get it?

What happens when someone gets interviewed an receive approval? Would the granted asylee be good grounds to apply for adjustment?

Last, do you have an office where I could reach you

Thank you as your threads are very helpful

Thank you. I have seen someone in the thread (Omar70707070) who is also a pending asylee since 2016 and was able to do the adjustment although he didnt have a status so how did he get it?

What happens when someone gets interviewed an receive approval? Would the granted asylee be good grounds to apply for adjustment?

By the way, I entered the US with B1 applied for asylum before it expired and been waiting...

I dont know if this would put me in any status to at least apply for adjustment of status knowing I have good chance to succeed

1. He/she was simply fortunate I supposed - didn't do anything special outside of applying like others (they possibly got an IO that wasn't too critical about their asylum pending status).
2. An asylum pending applicant with a DV based AOS application that gets approved means the person gets a GC as a LPR, the asylum application will subsequently get denied which is no longer an issue since the person will already be a LPR.
3. This forum is the only place where I can be reached - I don't provide personal services, I am not a lawyer.

By the way, go through the DV Tracker I referred you to earlier on to see about more recent cases and their outcome. DV 2016 is a bit far back to be comparing your case to. And if you have multiple questions in a post, please number them.