Pending 485 and address change

PHSESAaug

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have a pending I-485 and changing address. Now besides the online AR-11 form what else should I do?

I hear people telling that online AR11 does not change address on a pending petition. So what should I do to change address on pending I-485.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, I have a pending I-485 and changing address. Now besides the online AR-11 form what else should I do?

I hear people telling that online AR11 does not change address on a pending petition. So what should I do to change address on pending I-485.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am in the same boat.

From the USCIS website:

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms
"If you choose to use this online electronic change of address notification, please do not mail in a Form AR-11. On the other hand if you choose not to use this online tool and instead choose to mail in a paper Form AR-11 please understand that doing so will not update your address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS."

My understanding based on this is that doing online WILL update pending petitions. But it is best to call.

I have filed both online AR-11 and address on pending application. It was easy and It took only 30 minute for all (3). It also provides confirmation numbres for both.

If USCIS sends you a notice and if it gets returned - USCIS goes back and looks at AR11 and updates all the cases with the new address....

So, in a way, AR11 does help out.....if one forgets to update 485 application address...