Pending 1-589

gigi06

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

I just stumbled upon this forum. it is nice to be in a community that can relate to what you are going through.

I was hoping you would give me some advice/tips/thoughts or prayers on my pending affirmative asylum case.

in a nut shell, I'm still in status (OPT), and had my interview two months ago. the officer assured me that she will send me a response in two weeks and we all know it didn't happen, otherwise I wouldn't be writing these words :)
a little over a month ago my lawyer called the asylum officer, who said she made a decision, but the case has been "referred or sent" to the Asylum Headquarters for further analysis. she said she initially didn't realize that step was necissary, but her supervisor requested it. no time frame was given.

my status will lapse in couple months, my passport just expired and it is next to impossible to renew it at the current circumstances and I do not wish to stay in the country illegally but also can't go anywhere else.

any advice/tips, on checking the status of my application or getting more information or just about anything.

any help is appreciated. thanks in advance

Hello guys,

any advice/tips, on checking the status of my application or getting more information or just about anything.

I totally feel your pain and stress. I was in your situation for 6 months. Contacting the asylum office is the only way to check the status of your application. To the best of my knowledge, you are in temporary legal status until a decsion is made on your I-589.

I totally feel your pain and stress. I was in your situation for 6 months. Contacting the asylum office is the only way to check the status of your application. To the best of my knowledge, you are in temporary legal status until a decsion is made on your I-589.

thanks Assylum. you are right about the status. it is just so frustrating to just be in limbo not knowing what will happen. just to make matters worse I can't even return to my country even I decided to risk it, so I really don't know what to do, I hate uncetainity more than anything else in this world.

so it has been 3 weeks, and I heard no answer. is there a way to check the status or ask for more info from USCIS?

I sent I-589 form to Vermont service center as I lived in NY but now I've moved to California. I changed address online and also I sent AR-11 form.
Approximately When will be moved my case from NY to CA?
Besides, I have not submitted full affidavits to my application and noted that I had brought it on interview day. As later I was said, because of this note I can't send full affidavits until interview and a officer delayed my case due to a knowledge of my affidavits. Is it right? Can I simply submit full affidavits to my application anyway before the interview? It's important for me because it's possible they delay my case for next couple of years.

Thank you

Hello guys,

I just stumbled upon this forum. it is nice to be in a community that can relate to what you are going through.

I was hoping you would give me some advice/tips/thoughts or prayers on my pending affirmative asylum case.

in a nut shell, I'm still in status (OPT), and had my interview two months ago. the officer assured me that she will send me a response in two weeks and we all know it didn't happen, otherwise I wouldn't be writing these words :)
a little over a month ago my lawyer called the asylum officer, who said she made a decision, but the case has been "referred or sent" to the Asylum Headquarters for further analysis. she said she initially didn't realize that step was necissary, but her supervisor requested it. no time frame was given.

my status will lapse in couple months, my passport just expired and it is next to impossible to renew it at the current circumstances and I do not wish to stay in the country illegally but also can't go anywhere else.

Hello guys,

Hello guys,

First of all I want to make it clear that you are not illegal in USA. in addition, your case has been sent to HQ because some cases which are critical, are approved by the HQ. Your case falls under critical category and AO needs further thorough checking of your case and your background. Now HQ will make a decision on your case. Apparently your case has been recommended for approval but AO and Supervisor does not want to make decision on your case. But don't worry, because if your case would have sent to court, they would not have need to send to HQ