PD vs RD Question?

gc4long

Registered Users (C)
Now the visa dates in June 2007 bulletin moved significantly, lot of people are eligible to file I-485 based on their PDs (Labor application priority dates).

The question is, after filing for I-485, on what basis it is going to be approved?
That is, based on PD or RD (I-485 receipt date)?

For example, two people GC with different PDs and RDs:
Person A: LC PD May 2001, I-485 RD June 2007 (Stuck till June 2007 because of retrogression)
Person B: LC PD May 2003, I-485 RD June 2005 (Got EAD but couldn't get GC because of retrogression)

Now, based on their PD both of them are current. Who gets the GC first?
I am asking this because, if the dates retrogress again in future, that may again affect people with earlier PDs.

its always an RD, thats why we couldnt get the GC when we were current few years ago as our RD were out of processing time..PD is just to determine if visa is available.

I think its going to be randomn

It was RD in those days because our application had not even been processed at that time. Now its not that case, the processing date for 485 in NSC these days is sometime in 2006.

I dont think its going to be based on RD now, I am hoping they are going to just approve all the cases which are already with them and have been pre-adjudicated .

What do u guys think???

Sorry state of affairs !!

I wish USCIS is atleast little bit transparent. but they have never been.... so expecting them to be is foolish....

One would think,if you had an RFE for 485 when yr PD was not current(the so called pre-adjudication) and if yr FP has not expired and most importantly if yr name check is done then come June, they would approve cases in bulk. But having seen and dealt with USCIS,I doubt it :-(

This whole thing of moving PDs and making it current has it pros and cons.

Pros: Several people can file 485 and thus get EAD,AP which is a huge relief to many especially spouses who want to work and people have a chance to change blood-sucking employers after 6 months.

Cons. This rapid movement of PDs gives a lot of people a big hope that they will get GC very soon, but in reality USCIS did this movement just to milk money and make no mistake, they have no idea to approve even 50% of people whose PDs are current. Believe me, come June a ton of people are going to pester USCIS asking why his/her case is not approved and they will just buy time by saying "Wait 60 days or 90 days after yr PD became current and then we'll make an enquiry on yr behalf". By this time they will pretend that they have just realised that they should not have moved PD forward rapidly and say "Oh the demand is very high than expected, and so retrogress it to light years". By this time they would milked all the money from 485/EAD/AP filers and their appetite is taken care of.

In addition to this USCIS will approve people, whose PDs are current, not based on RD ie., FIFO but just randomly or who knows they might even add salt to injury by approving people whose RD is recent(it happened couple of years back)

I'm not trying to be too pessimistic and I know several old timers here know this scenario is inevitable and it is just a matter of time. Newbees be aware and be cautiously optimistic.

Having said all this, I would love to be proved wrong, because I would also stand to benefit, but given the way USCIS has been functioning for the past several years, I'm sure I'll be vindicated at last.

If USCIS has a system where you enter the date and you get all the files with that date, it may be Priority Date or Received Date :rolleyes: . On top of that all 485s are dumped either in NSC to TSC :confused:

These dates just gave us the hope that we are close in getting GC :)

I wish USCIS is atleast little bit transparent. but they have never been.... so expecting them to be is foolish....

One would think,if you had an RFE for 485 when yr PD was not current(the so called pre-adjudication) and if yr FP has not expired and most importantly if yr name check is done then come June, they would approve cases in bulk. But having seen and dealt with USCIS,I doubt it :-(

This whole thing of moving PDs and making it current has it pros and cons.

Pros: Several people can file 485 and thus get EAD,AP which is a huge relief to many especially spouses who want to work and people have a chance to change blood-sucking employers after 6 months.

Cons. This rapid movement of PDs gives a lot of people a big hope that they will get GC very soon, but in reality USCIS did this movement just to milk money and make no mistake, they have no idea to approve even 50% of people whose PDs are current. Believe me, come June a ton of people are going to pester USCIS asking why his/her case is not approved and they will just buy time by saying "Wait 60 days or 90 days after yr PD became current and then we'll make an enquiry on yr behalf". By this time they will pretend that they have just realised that they should not have moved PD forward rapidly and say "Oh the demand is very high than expected, and so retrogress it to light years". By this time they would milked all the money from 485/EAD/AP filers and their appetite is taken care of.

In addition to this USCIS will approve people, whose PDs are current, not based on RD ie., FIFO but just randomly or who knows they might even add salt to injury by approving people whose RD is recent(it happened couple of years back)

I'm not trying to be too pessimistic and I know several old timers here know this scenario is inevitable and it is just a matter of time. Newbees be aware and be cautiously optimistic.

Having said all this, I would love to be proved wrong, because I would also stand to benefit, but given the way USCIS has been functioning for the past several years, I'm sure I'll be vindicated at last.

I agree with your Cons. JMJ.