PD Retrogress - Not a problem.

No Title

powerful attorneys or not, these people do not have any more information than we do to make any conclusions like that. shusterman is not particularly believable either. In fact he had predicted pd\'s becoming current for india last october itself. that did not happen, did it?
ac21 does permit dos to play god with these visas. the law says if there are more applicants than visas in any year, then the extra 180,000 should be used. I am not saying they would be used only for India, but we would have the maximum benefit from it. if you look at the H1-b pattern from the last few years 40-50% are indians. so this ratio should carry over to GC as well.

Another fact is, if you noticed, china\'s name has been completely removed from the list of back logged countries in the visa bulletin.
that should be another pointer to the fact that our dates are going to remain current for more than they would have earlier.

Nari Contractor, maybe you are right, we hope you are right.

but PD is never the thing we can control or make prediction for. so the best we can do is pray it will keep remain the way it is now until we got green card.

If it does retrogress, we would only wait.

Right now, let\'s hope VSC moves as quick as CSC .

Nobody knows...

All these bullshit predictions are useless... Nobody knows what INS will do. So wait and watch. Tell us about the past and current not the future.

Experts: Please confirm this statement:

Changes related to the PD does not matter once I-485 is filed. What matters is that PD must be current when I-485 is received by INS.

Thanks experts.

No Title

Also what matters is your PD should be current to get your 485 approval. PD not current=no 485 approval

joinedisn - I confirmed this with my corporate attorney

However my interest may not jive with the attorney\'s Do you know where to confirm: "PD not current=no 485 approval"

Thanks.

zambia..

PD current means an immigrant visa number is available. PD not current means a visa is not available and hence you won\'t get an approval if PD not current. I had read this on murthy.com as well as immihelp.com and will try and get the actual links.