PD retrogress in October?

No Title

How does your lawyer know..has he/she some contacts in DOS/INS ? When they made PD\'s current in July they said that it will remain current for the near foreseable future. I don\'t know what near foreseable future is but with INS ur lawyer\'s statement might prove right

Please....

Don\'t spread false rumers.. We have enough problems with INS tahn to worry about these issues which are beyound our control. please use this forum to share actual case processing related information only.

I do not believe so

Since the government (and hence INS\') fiscal year is Oct - Sep, Oct 2002 will be new fiscal year and also another 140,000 FRESH visas will be available. Also since AC21 was enacted, the UNUSED visas available from other countries will be captured each quarter. Hence by end of Sept, beg. of Oct, we might still have the dates current, since SUPPLY is in EXCESS of DEMAND.

Thanks
Ramesh D
[Details = EB2/RIR/INDIA/ PD 9-99/RD 9-00/ ND 10-00 / FP 01-01 / RFE (Spouse) 8/01 / EAC-01-018]

according to murthychat, PD may retrogress in March 2002 !!!

Attorney Murthy answered in her chat session that the latested info
tells PD may retrogress in March 2002.

She didn\'t mention category, but I think if there is any retrogress,
must be EB3 comes first and retrogress most.

Hopefully it will not go back like 4 or 5 years.

No Title

How can PD retrogress 4-5 years ? Does not sound logical.

Just think about it. People who have applied for GC in 1999 (PD) are getting their 485 approved now, so that means people who are left will be from year 2000 till now that can not be more then 150,000 (just a guess) and we have 140,000 visas for next year.

Then how can the PD retrogress 4-5 years,it might be 5-6 month.

this is just what I think. Any comments ?

we will never know how many old cases are left out.

We still keep seeing some old PD ( like 95, 96 ) cases are still waiting for approval.

And starting with 98, H1 was increased to 115,000. let alone some
people don\'t even need H1 to apply for GC ( such as PhD. F1 student
can use NIW term. or some artist , athelete, etc....) and their
family members.

so I think it\'s hard to make assumption it will not retrogress by many years . based on PD history, whenever PD retrogressed, it always went back to two or three even four years, I never saw it only retrogressed to only few months.

My point is nobody knows for sure how bad the retrogress will be, I am just hoping it will not affect us too much.

NOT SO LUCKY

There are not so lucky crowd from Dec 96-Dec 97 (PD) waiting too, you can\'t make any predictions about INS. Anything is possible. Remember last time in March 2000. It went back as much as Sept. 96. Just my 2 cents.

yes, strongly agree....

Whatever PD retrogress is, is the bad thing especially to all CHina
and India cases, since VSC might be putting us on separate queues again, just process those OTHERS country cases first.

Folks , if you don\'t get your GC soon ( within 8 months) , you probably have to face this PD nightmare again.

getGCin2002, Did Murthy mention the reason?

Can you also point which chat session she talked about possible retrogress in March 2002?
Thanks!

No she didn\'t , she just said latest info tells.

I believe her, her information is almost accurate based on my observation over time.

Some attorneys can get insider information from department of state
visa office which controls publishing visa bulletin every month. I remember that Charles Oppenheim(chief of visa office) also mentioned PD could retrogress in 2002.

if your job is stable, then definitely go for CP

we filed 485 because of various reason, job safety is most concern,
if we lose jobs after 180 passes, we are protected by AC21, no matter
how long INS wants to drag our 485 on or PD retrogresses, we have EAD and AP , we can travel and work for any employer in similar jobs.

However, for CP , you need secure your job at least until the interview date, the consulate requires latest paystub and employment letter, if you lose the job or couldn\'t provide such document, your whole GC is in danger and there is no way out for CPer ( no appeal).

But if your job is stable, CP is the best choice, definitely now when all dates are current, visas are plenty.