PD Question!

Hello_Guy

Registered Users (C)
January bulletin just got released and it looks like there was a forward movement for EB3 to May 8, 2001.

If PD is May 9, 2001 can we go to local office and get 551 stamped on passport? Will this one day make a big difference. Please comment!

No

First of all, even when your PD is current also you cannot get 551 stamped unless you have approval notice or approved through interview. And the new Visa Bulletin released takes effect from January 1st 2007 and yours is NOT current in January also because of JUST one day.

NoGCYet03 said:
First of all, even when your PD is current also you cannot get 551 stamped unless you have approval notice or approved through interview. And the new Visa Bulletin released takes effect from January 1st 2007 and yours is NOT current in January also because of JUST one day.

Thanks NoGCet03,
I have already completed interview at a local office and they couldn't stamp that day as my PD wasn't current. I understand the fact that I cannot go until Jan 1, kicks in but wanted to have some idea if one day would make a difference to get our passport stamped.

Hello_Guy said:
Thanks NoGCet03,
I have already completed interview at a local office and they couldn't stamp that day as my PD wasn't current. I understand the fact that I cannot go until Jan 1, kicks in but wanted to have some idea if one day would make a difference to get our passport stamped.

If you look at the VISA bulletin, it states clearly "Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number"
so you are 2 days behind...for they will consider PDs with dates upto May 7th 2001 only. From May 8th 2001 onwards, the PDs will not be considered.