PD portability - EB3 to EB2 - 485 rejected

485 rejected - lawyer will refile

Lawyer told me that my 48 has been rejected. He also said it is a clerical error and he will refile with a better "cover letter" to get past the clerical people.

oh well!

I know a close friend of mine who got his PD ported. He also had approved EB-2 and EB-3 140's and filed for 485. His 485 was accepted.

Sai,
Do you have any cover letter format?

My lawyer have included Act number,CFR number(along with complete description).
"Because both I-140 cases are approved for the same alien, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date under Act number 8 CFR 204.5(e)."

Rani1 said:
Sai,
Do you have any cover letter format?

My lawyer have included Act number,CFR number(along with complete description).
"Because both I-140 cases are approved for the same alien, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date under Act number 8 CFR 204.5(e)."

Rani1,

No I don't. Lawyer is doing the cover letter. I don't have to sign anything, so I won't be seeing the cover letter.

It works..

Just got receipt notice copies from attorney for 485/131/765. Let's see how the processing goes, all applications ended up in TSC.

-SR
Company A - EB3 - pd 11/2002 - 140 approved
Company B - EB2 - pd 8/2006
Applied for 140/485/131/765 in 12/2006 by claiming pd portability. Apart from 140 all other applications got rejected.
Reapplied 485/131/765 - acccepted
RD - 1/10/07 ND - 1/17/07

I am in the same boat with different problem. I filed 140/485 concurrently. CIS accepted both. Approved 140,AP and EAD. My 140 got approved with the PD of my new labor instead of porting PD from earlier approved 140. Attorney says it is clerical mistake. Sent a letter to correct it 2 months ago. Still waiting.

SR,

That's a good news.
I have asked my lawyer to contact AILA last week,but still he is telling he did not get anything back from AILA.

PD portability

Hi sr2610,
I have a question for you regarding the applications for EB3 & EB2.
I wanted to know how different is the job description from EB3 compared to EB2? Can i use the experience gained from the same employer?
I wanted to do the same but in my case the employer will be the same.
My PD is oct 2003,EB3.I would like to apply in EB2 & port over the priority date of EB3 to EB2.

Can you please get back to me on this.

Thanks,
smbaps

I am not sure about the job description, since I have been working with same lawyer for Company A and company B.

You can browse thru other threads for switching to EB2 with same employer, not sure how the experience can be added and how the description works. I havent explored that option since my employer(company A) was not ready to do a EB2 labor.

Finally got my receipt notices from my lawyer.

But my all receipt notices Priority Date is BLANK,is that is common? or is just missing on mine?
Please clarify.

Rani1 said:
Finally got my receipt notices from my lawyer.

But my all receipt notices Priority Date is BLANK,is that is common? or is just missing on mine?
Please clarify.

First off congrats. I just received my receipt notices. The priority date field is also blank in my receipt notices. Hope this helps.

As an aside I was suprised to find that my receipt date was "Dec 13 2006" and not some time in Jan 2007, since my application was resubmitted in Jan 2007.

Rani1, sr2610, did you get receipt date as of first submission or second submission ?

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a solution for my situation.

Company A in New jersey
Category EB2
PD August 2005
I-140 approved
I do not have a copy of the approval notice and i cannot get it from company A but I have the I-140 receipt

# EAC---. Which can be used to check the status of i-140 application online. The status is shown as

approved.

Company B in California
Category EB2
PD May 2007

I spoke with the immigration attorney at company B and she says she can only claim the PD from my

application through Company A if I can get a copy of the approval notice. She says there is no other option

and that the receipt number canot suffice the requirement.
Please help. let me know if there is any other option.

Thanks!!