PD or ND

Ganesh Ram

Registered Users (C)
Bhanu! My ID is March 97 and I did not apply my 485 until December 2000.
Mine is EB2, India.
Whether they process by ID OR ND? I Read somewhere in this site that they process by PD.

No Title

Ganesh:

what do you mean by ID??

All 485-applications are processed based on the RD and ND no matter what your PD is. However, for the 485 approval, your PD must be current.

So if you applied for I-485 during December 2000, you have a long way to go, since they are processing applications received durinfg Dec 99/Jan 2000.

No Title

Actually, I think they pull the cases by RD and begin looking at the cases by the ND (I think they check if INS is procesing the 485s for that ND month) and then look at PD is current or not. Technically, really it is ND. Hope this helps

No Title

No, I would totally disagree with your previous post.

INS (atleast VSC) do not care about ND or PD, they just go by LOTTO. Randomly pick some applications and start adjudicating.

I am EB2, PD 5/8/98, ND is OCT 4, 99, did FP on 3/2/01. nothing happened to my application. when i called IIO the answer was that my application was on shelf. What\'s that??? VSC approved a lot of cases with ND of JAN 2000 and with PD of xx/99.

So you guys can have a debate over how VSC processes cases, but in realoty my friends it is a lotto.

My 2 cents worth.

Ver_sri