PD of LC vs RD of I-485

atyagi73

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Can someone please tell me what is the significance of RD for I-485 ? When the they decide who should get next visa, do they look at RD for I-485 or look at PD of labor ?

I hope it is PD. Please comment.

Tyagi Ji:

Priority date(PD) and then receipt date(RD). In that order.

Now that priority dates are current for the month of July 2007, PD ceases to have any meaning so its now all based upon RD of your I-485

Hope this clarifies.

But that does not make any sense, what about people who have been waiting for 3 years and if he applies on july 15th and a person with perm and i-140 of jan 2007 applies july 1 does the latter get the prefrence.

Also, what if the dates retrogress again, what happens to the rd and pd at that time.

I am a wreck, with confusion all over, so please help.

Chill out freezethefire :)

Trying my best to understand what you meant to say, answer is no. Ofcourse people who filed I-485 before gets a preference over people who files thier I-485 later regardless of when they applied for labor.

Ofcourse when dates retrogress again, PD starts to play a role as before. Ist filter PD, second filter RD.

Does that clarifies? What is your PD and RD so I can understand your confusion better?

Guys,

I think I'm in the similar confusion.
My PD is june 2000, and got my i 140 arrpoved last month. If I file my 485 by end of this month, will my 485 get processed as first in first out or does my PD has any impact to move the processing faster ?

thanks

From reliable source:

PD matters only at the time of applying and approving I-485. PD had no value in between those time frames.

After all, PD is assigned by DOL, which is allocated by State-Department (different entity). USCIS is different entity, who can only go by RD which they assign.

I understand this is cruel as people got stuck in BEC for no mistake of theirs but thats how it is. USCIS argues that they cannot go by PD because it the property of different entity and USCIS cannot be blamed for labor delays.

this is how it is!!! and this is how it should be

Current query to pick applications to process is -

Select slave_id, ead_count, ap_count from us_slaves
where slave_priority_date < (<<current_priority_date>>)
and name_check_clear_flag = 'Y'
order by slave_application_date asc

if((ead_count +ap_count) > <<current_profile>>)
see_if_anything_can_be_done(slave_id ); -- see if anyone in office likes Hot Potatos today
else
NULL; -- wait till enough revenue has been colected
end if;

It should be fixed like
Select slave_id, name_check_flag, days_since_first_nc_initiated, days_since_last_nc_initiated from us_slaves
where slave_priority_date < (<<current_priority_date>>)
order by slave_priority_date asc

if((name_check_clear_flag = 'N' and days_since_first_nc_initiated > 365)
OR name_check_clear_flag = 'Y' ))then
expedite_approval(slave_id);
push_to_followup_approval_list(slave_id);
if(name_check_clear_flag = 'N')then
move_to_nc_pending_lpr_process(slave_id);
end if;
elsif (days_since_last_initiated > 180
expedite_nc_request(slave_id);
end if;

have I totally lost it?