PD becomes current next month

m.e.

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I-140 has been approved, and have been waiting for PD for I-485 to become current (my case is EB-3, "other" country, PD - Aug 2001, RD - Dec 2003). Next month the PD becomes current, and the processing date is way ahead of mine, so I'm expecting my case to be processed soon.

How long does it usually take?

Should I call NSC in the beginning of July and inquire status of the case? If yes, any specific advice on this?

Thanks in advance,
Michael.

m.e. said:
Hi,

My I-140 has been approved, and have been waiting for PD for I-485 to become current (my case is EB-3, "other" country, PD - Aug 2001, RD - Dec 2003). Next month the PD becomes current, and the processing date is way ahead of mine, so I'm expecting my case to be processed soon.

Should I call NSC in the beginning of July and inquire status of the case? If yes, any specific advice on this?

Thanks in advance,
Michael.

You can expect an approval in the first couple of weeks provided all the name/security checks etc are cleared on your case and your case is ready to be approved. I would say wait about 3 weeks before opening up and inquiry.

How about your FP?

Hi Michael,

How about your Finger Print? was your FP expired? or did you receive a new FP notice? or do you still wait for it? Please let us know. Thanks

LA_GC485
----------------------------------------------
EB-3 RIR
L.C. PD: Nov. 2001
140/485 RD: Oct. 2003
140 Approved : Jan. 2004
485 cases transferred to local office : Aug. 2004
Interview Letter received : Jun. 2005
Interview date: Jul. 2005
485 AD: ??
-----------------------------------------------

m.e. said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Michael.

LA_GC485 said:
Hi Michael,

How about your Finger Print? was your FP expired? or did you receive a new FP notice? or do you still wait for it? Please let us know. Thanks

I had fingerprinting/biometrics in August 2005, and my dependents had it in June and July 2005. So my fingerprints are current so far (they are valid for 15 months AFAIK), and my dependents fingerprints are close to expire - which worries me a bit.

Instead of GC, NSC sent RFE :(

I've thought they are doing pre-processing, why did they have to wait until my PD became current to sent RFE? Morons.

That is a good thing in a way. I too got RFE and once I answered it my approval came in two weeks. Good Luck.