PCC Question?

rdavidmaria

Registered Users (C)
I worked in Indonesia for 11months in (1996-97). Do I need a PCC from Indonesia consulate here in US for my CP interview?

Thanks in advance for all valuable information source from this website.

One needs a PCC from a foreign country only if one stays for more than 12 months in that foreign country.

Since you have stayed for only 11 months, you dont need one from Indonesia.

This is as per my understanding from replies on this forum.

Do consult an Attorney to confirm.

as per Indian consulates web site, one needs a PCC from a foreign country only if one stays for more than 6 months in that foreign country after the age of 16 years.

Since you have stayed for only 11 months, you will definitely need one from Indonesia. Contact the Indonesian consulate/ embassy in the country you reside and apply for a Indonesian PCC.

Check this for verification...
http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html#police

gcchahiye:

I concur with you on the point that normally for cp it is 12 months stay in country other than india and usa after age of 16...that requires a pcc of that country other than india and usa.

But at the same time, if rdavid is doing his cp in an indian consulate and if indian consulate web site and packet 4 explicitly state that pcc is required from the consulate of a country where he/ she stayed for 6 months or more then I would recommend getting a pcc if there is enough time. On the same lines, there is absolutely no harm done requesting a pcc from indonesian consulate.

Excellent point gcchahiye!

rdavid,

Personally, if your stay in Indonesia was pleasant with no brush with the law there, then I would say, it is better to be safe and obtain the PCC from there.

I would recommend to follow kd's advice.

However, I do understand that there might be inexplicable reasons for you to hesitate to obtain PCC from there.;)

Thanks for all your Inputs. I have emailed Chennai consulate if I need one from Indonesia.

Also, when talking to Indonesian Consulate in NY, they have no clue about this PCC process. They are asking me to go to Indonesia police station where I worked and thats impossible.

I guess I will wait for reply from Chennai Consulate.

I got a reply from Chennai Consulate saying that I don't need a PCC because I stayed only for 11 months in Indonesia.