PCC Houston Tracker

No Title

I\'ll be updating this discussion thread, as soon as I receive my PCC from Houston consulate.

Got my PCC yesterday

I had applied to Houston consulate on Dec 8 2001, Got it yesterday on Jan 29th. They were prompt to fedex the passport overnight. Everything looked ok and they didn\'t make any mistakes (spelling mistakes, etc).
I got a receipt of my PCC, a certificate of PCC and my passport was stameped on the 5th page with the PCC issued info.

HTH
JK

Got mine on 29th Jan.

Applied in 1st week on Jan.
Received on Jan 29th. I went personally and got it.
RPO: Hyd. My Father went to RPO and asked them to Fax. They faxed it in a week.

Got my PCC yesterday

I had applied to Houston consulate on Dec 8 2001, Got it yesterday on Jan 29th. They were prompt to fedex the passport overnight. Everything looked ok and they didn\'t make any mistakes (spelling mistakes, etc).
I got a receipt of my PCC, a certificate of PCC and my passport was stameped on the 5th page with the PCC issued info.

HTH
JK

Applied on Jan-3, Still waiting !!

Anyone who got their PCC from Houston, please post details like
applied Date, Date recieved,RPO

pcc OBTAINED FORM bOMBAY IN EXACTLY 30 DAYS

My PCC has come form Bombay RPO in 30 days. Hope this helps.

Police cerificates..

Hello,

Greetings everybody!!

I just need detail procedure to get Police certificates..please..I am in NC..and my Packet 3 sent to St.Louis on..Feb 4th.so, when can I expect approximate interview date.in Chennai.? Any kind of fedd back wiil be appriciated please..Thanx..

Here are the details.

First find out which Consulate General of India office jurisdiction u are under, depending on your state.(go to www.cgihouston.org and you have links to other Consulate General of India websites).
These are the document you have to send them.
1. Filled Miscellaneous Form(U can download from their website).
2. Money Order or Cashier\'s check for $20.
3. Passport ( U can send copy initially and they will call u to send original once they recieve Police Clearance from Regional Passport Office)
4. your H1-B approval notice (optional)

Thanx NIrus !!!

Nirus,

I will apriciate ur feed back.By the way, I need to send my wife\'s passport copy also..? So, first we get RPO PCC from India..right..?
After I sent original Passport ,they send PCC of USA also to me..?
How much time it takes approximately..? please let me know.

No Title

When we apply for PCC at Consulate General of India office in USA, they send a fax to RPO in india to get a police clearance from them and then we can send Original passport to Consulate General of India in US so that they can send you the PCC which is basically a certificate on a piece of paper saying they didn\'t find any adverse info regarding you and a stamp in your passport that a PCC was issued. U can also send a filled Miscellaneous form, copy of her passport & fee(20$) for your wife also.

It is taking between 30-45 days approximately.

Hope that answers your question.

Nirus thanx once again!!!

Thanx once again.
Anyway, what is ur situation..? U already got GC thru CP.. probably from Chennai..?If so, how many days it takes after Packet 3 sent to St.louis to get appointment..? MY lawyer sent it on Feb 1st to St.louis.
And other question is, I am on bench without current pay stub now..?
Hopefully, in coming weeks I gonna get project..If not, in worst situation, if I go to Chennai without current pay stub and only employment letter, is there any bad feed back from Chennai for me..?
please let me know.Thanx.

I am in the same boat as u are

I didn\'t get my CP done. Applying pkt-3 to St.Louis. I have read in this forum that chennai specifically asks for paystub.