PCC Houston Tracker

HHH

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my PCC to Consulate General of India Houston on 12/26/01. I was told it would take atleast 30 days to get clearance from RPO, Bombay.
Has anybody else applied for PCC at Houston. Any updates?

All. Lets update thsi thread for PCC- CGI-Houston tracker.

HC

pcc at houston

I too have applied for pcc at houston on 12/9/01.Was told to contact them after 30 days.Yet to call them.

Can we submit Copy of passport for the first stage?

Can we submit Copy of passport for the first stage before they get reply back from RPO?

No Title

yes, I did the same. Just send a covering letter stating that U need may need to travel. Once they obtain clearance let them inform u so that u can send ur passport & get it endorsed.

PCC at Houston

is this PCC for the interview? Also, if we get the PCC from Houston Consulate, we dont have to get it from Bombay Local Authority , correct?
Totally, we need only one PCC ie from Houston Indian Consulate correct?? Please let me know.

I sent mine on Dec 28

Mine was reissued form Houston so I\'m expecting it back soon. Had called up today and the mailroom folks said it is being processed, but the person they transfered me to was not at her desk. Plan to call again tomorrow.

PCC

Sent mine to Houston (photocopies of passport) around Dec 7.

Question: What exactly is the PCC? :)

(i) Is it just an official statement from the Consulate that the applicant does not have a criminal record?

(ii) In addition to this statement, do they stamp or alter the passport to indicate that the PCC has been issued (someone posted that the PP is marked for PCC).

MOP- If you did not what is PCC - then what did you think you are sending photocopies of passport fo

Not to make fun - You need to check PCC at the beginning of the Misc form and also at the end of the form. Are you sure you checked the apppropriate field. Because the same form(MISC) is used for several purposes.Hope you kept a photocopy of that !!

Dandelion

I should have been clearer in my earlier post. I know what the PCC stands for, I just needed to know if in addition to the statement from Consulate, they also stamp the PP (I had heard conflicting info on that). I did check the appropriate boxes. Thank you for your concern.

Got my PCC

Folks,

I got my PCC from Houston. Sent on 12/28 by Fedex, recieved back on 1/7. So overall, it took about 10 days. My passport was reissued from Houston, hence the quick turn around.

MOP, just to confirm, the PCC itself is a separate paper (a lousy looking one at that), and there is a stamp in the passport saying PCC was issued on xyz date.

Got PCC from Houston today

Applied on 28th November.. started following back on 5th Jan and recieved it today morning.

I have not read the contents completely but they read something like " there is no adversary information on Mr/Mrs xxx passport number... etc.

Also there is a stamp in the passport that PCC was issued on such and such date.

By the way my passport was issued in Hyd.

Got PCC at houston

Hello friends,

I got the PCC from houston yesterday. It was simple as my passport was issued at Houston Consulate.

Rags R.

never, Dan...

Did you guys send original passport or copies initially and then follow-up with original passports?
I have recently applied for PCC at Houston and I sent only copies of passport.

Thanks

Original not required

copies of passport is fine as long you can mention some reason in your covering letter that you cannot send original passport.

I had sent my PCC application on 6th dec 2001

I had sent notarized copies of all the pages of my passport to Houston consulate on 6th dec, 2001 by Fedex. I had also sent a check of $21. They mentioned that I should get my PCC in 30-45 days. Once they get it, I\'ll have to fedex my passport to them and they will fedex/courier it back to me with the PCC stamp.
I had called up last friday and they had not got my PCC yet.

If anyone gets a PCC, please update this discussion thread.

Thanks
JK