PCC Help

ranjeetg

Registered Users (C)
I live and work in the US with my wife. I am getting ready to send P3 to the NVC. I was in India this December and I got a PCC from the local Poilce station (it has my photo and poilce stamp). Do you think it will be a problem in the future becoz I did not get it from New york Consulate. Please help.

Good to get from NY

Its good if you get from NY as its a easy process. Point is from last few years you are in US thus validity is more for NY PCC.

Re. PCC

Who requires the PCC? The US Side or the India Side.

If its US side do you think they will create problems because I got it from there?

IF its India side.. they only advise you to get it from the nearest consulate but thats only becoz you dont have access to the india police office or passport office when u r living in the US.

Please let me know if I am thinking on the right lines becoz now if I get another PCC from NYC its gonna delay my process for 6-8 weeks.

PCC

PCC is a requirement of the US Consulate.

Since you are living in US for the last few years, barring few days
in Dec last year, you will be expected to obtain your PCC from
the Consulate.

However, if the applicant is a current resident of India, then they
have to obtain the PCC from 2 places, one from the Passport office and the other from his place of residence.

When you obtain the PCC from the Consulate, they also stamp your Passport. This may not have occured in your case.

Since you are just sending the P3 to NVC, you do have time to get the PCC from the Consulate.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
pcc

thx Raju for your help. My lawyer insists that the pcc go with the P3 to NVC that is why I thought I did not have the time. At what stage do you need the PCC according to you, please let me now. Thx

PCC

The Attorney would be correct if your Consulate is in Canada.
Then you are supposed to send all the documents with the Packet 3.

But if your Consulate is in India, then you do not have to send the PCC or any other documents like Employment letter, MC, BCC
with Packet 3.

You just carry all these documents along with you to the interview.

I have seen the attorneys who insist on having all the documents in hand, before they send the packet 3. This is just to make sure that there will not be a situation where your interview is scheduled, and you do not have some document OR one of the documents is incorrect. It also helps them in cross checking the information between the documents and the DS 230.

So, if your Consulate is in India, convince them about your ability to produce the document .

Raju

pcc

Thx a lot Raju...really appreciate your help. I just spoke to me lawyer and sent an email to the consulate in mumbai.

I think what I am going to do is sedn the PCC that I have from India with P3 and in the meantime apply for PCC from NYC and take that with me to the interview. Hopefully I will be covered.

Urgent PCC Help

Hi CP Gurus,

Need help on my wife's PCC as she resides in India(just got married).
Does she has to get two PCC's one from Passport Office and one from local police.The Regional Passport Office in Mumbai hands over to the local police for verification and hands over two copies of PCC's to her. Are those two PCC's are enough for the interview ? or does she has to go again to local police for one more PCC.

She has just applied for PCC at the Mumbai Passport Office and they said it will take around 25 days to get PCC. dont know why though?

Please do clarify our confusion. I hope i dont need local PCC from India as i already got it in Houston Indian Embassy within one day.

Thanks all of you.
VinCP.

VinCP,

You apply for PCC at the PP office. They send for police verification, police enquire at home or better still you can go to the police station after 1 week and they ask you for proof of residence that you have lived there for 2 years minimum, they write down what you said make you sign on the paper. They forward to passport office with their remarks. Passport office issues PCC within few days of receipt of police report. If you get in 25 days consider yourself lucky. With a mumbai address it is faster, getting in one of the extended suburbs is slower. The PCC is stamped on one of the passport pages saying it is valid for 1 year and for the country you are applying in this case US of A. Along with this the PP office also gives you a paper for PCC.

I heard that for CP cases for USA they ask for additional PCC direct from the police and not via the PP office. I am not sure of this you can check up. In this case you have to go to the district HQ of police, for mumbaikars this used to be normally be issued by the CID wing at Marine Lines. For extnded suburbs ie. Thanekars, it would be at Thane city. I would go thru the premium processing channel to get it done faster.

If you are living in the US of A for last few years, the PP office in mumbai would not be able to issue as police would not process if you were not living in their juridiction foir minimum 2 years. You have to get PCC from the US consulate in India.

VinCP,

What i mean in my second para is that for CP cases they ask for additional PCC direct from police also.

PCC Help Delhi

Hi All,
My case is AC140. I submitted the D230 and other paper to the consulate to create the immigrant visa case for me and they accepted.
I am expecting interview in April2003.

Scenario

1. I have been working in USA since 1997 to Nov2001.
2. Dec2001 - Present i am in india . Long vacation.

But the company where i worked in USA , they are still willing to do the GC thru the counslate.

Now my question are .

1.Do i need to get the PCC from the USA where i lived around five years.

2. Which formate of the employment letter i should get from the company.

3. After reaching the age of 16 i have been in multiple locations in India for the study. I have got all the PCC IN jULY 2002. Will they still be valid at the time of interview because new Delhi counslate says that validity of the PCC is 6 months.

4. I also got the PCC from the RPO in Aug 2002. So same problem as here of validity.

5. what explainations should i give at the time of interview for the duration i am in india Since Dec2001 t0 Present.

Thanks for Help

Raj

Re: PCC Help Delhi

Originally posted by rajDelhi
Hi All,
My case is AC140. I submitted the D230 and other paper to the consulate to create the immigrant visa case for me and they accepted.
I am expecting interview in April2003.

Scenario

1. I have been working in USA since 1997 to Nov2001.
2. Dec2001 - Present i am in india . Long vacation.

But the company where i worked in USA , they are still willing to do the GC thru the counslate.

Now my question are .

1.Do i need to get the PCC from the USA where i lived around five years.

[ You do not need PCC from USA because they can verify your information online, as part of background check ]

2. Which formate of the employment letter i should get from the company.

[ Look around in the forum. You will find several proformas ]

3. After reaching the age of 16 i have been in multiple locations in India for the study. I have got all the PCC IN jULY 2002. Will they still be valid at the time of interview because new Delhi counslate says that validity of the PCC is 6 months.

[ The PCC is valid for 1 year and repeatedly confirmed by Chennai Consulate. It should apply to Delhi Consulate also. Check! ]

4. I also got the PCC from the RPO in Aug 2002. So same problem as here of validity.

[ As above ]

5. what explainations should i give at the time of interview for the duration i am in india Since Dec2001 t0 Present.

[ I can not comment on this. May be someone who attended interview while staying in India will ]

Thanks for Help

Raj

Raju

PCC - moving in circles

I was reading through the US embassy WEBSITE regarding Police clearance certificate (PCC), and they state it as below:

Do I need to get a police certificate for the interview?
All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and over, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the Local Passport Office. Applicants whose Indian passport was issued within the past six months may present just the Passport Office Police Certificate, and need not obtain additional police clearances.

Applicants over age 16, whose passports were issued more that six months previous to visa application, must also obtain a police clearance from the District Police Office serving the applicant's place of residence.

The second paragraph clearly states that even if I am staying in US for last 4 years and has gone only to India once for 20 day's I would still need a PCC from District police in Thane(Suburb of Mumbai), India.

I requested my parents to obtain it and I was ordered to be in Person along with my original passports(too risky isn't it) for the PCC and that too they will issue only after 30 days. It does not sound feasible unless, I leave my job over here. The second way is to request it through the Consulate general in US. I have already obtained from them and they are unable to co-ordinate and get the PCC from local police station in India. They say they have already issued one from them & it should be sufficient.

So I am moving in circles. Any ideas, how some of you have handled this kind of situation.

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN I OBTAIN PCC FROM INDIA.

thanks/ agw.
Code:

I think you are working yourself up for no reason.

If you are working and living in US for the last 4 years ( barring few days for a visit ) you do not need a PCC other than the one
you got from the Consulate.

But this is my personal opinion. I was in India for nearly a month
last year. But I am carrying only one PCC from the Consulate.

Raju

agw,
You don't need a local PCC. I had emailed this exact question to the consulate and, believe me they promptly replied back saying, since I'm already in the US, PCC from a local Indian Consulate in US should suffice. In fact I had sent this email to them yesterday night 12:00, and I had their reply early morning today. Hope that helps.

Raju/ TeeROY thanks for the response. It really boosts once confidence. I am just doing a due dilegence just trying to remove bottlenecks now.

TEEROY, Do you have the wordings that you e-mailed to the Mumbai consulate and who replied back. Can you post the reply for our benefit.

It would certainly help further.

Thanks,
AGW

PCC question reply from US Consulate

"Inquiries, Immigrant Visa" <ivnd@state.gov>
01/23/2003 04:50 AM

To: " xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com" < xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com>
cc:
Subject: RE: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)

Dear Sir,
Since you are residing in U.S. for a pretty long time you
need to obtain the police clearence certificate from the Indian Consulate in U.S. PCC from local police station can only be obtained if you have resided in India more than six months.

Thanks.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com [mailto: xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 7:17 AM
> To: newdelhi@pd.state.gov
> Subject: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
>
>
>
> Dear Consulate Officer,
>
> I, (FirstName LastName) (XXyrs old Male, DOB: XX Sep, 19XX), will be attending a Consular Processing interview (Employment Category) in New Delhi very soon.
> I have legally been in status in US since Aug 1994 and have visited India only once for 21 days in Jan/Feb 2001.
>
> Q1: Do I need PCC from every city in India before I came to US in 1994?
> Q2: If not, what PCC do I need for Consular Processing interview in employment category and where should I get it from?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> FirstName LastName
> xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com
> XXX.YYY.ZZZZ

Raju595,
Thank you very much for the reply.
I sent the mail to embasy they confirmed me that i have to get the PCC from the current place and the RPO. I told them that i already got it from the RPO in July 2002 . They replied me back that its validity is over. You have to get the new one from the RPO. So my question is that Passport office issues the PCC muliple times or not.

Thanks
Raj

RPO will issue PCC again

Raj,

Same answer has been posted on another thread where you asked a same question.

RPO (Regional Passport Ofiice) will have to issue a PCC as many times as you request them. You might have to jump the same hoops again to get a new version.

If some officer does ask why you need a second one so soon, just tell them the validity of the PCC for US Embassy is 6 month only and the earlier one is already expired or will expire by your interview date.

Thanks