PCC from Regioal Passport Office in India

gca2405

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

we have interview date in Sept.

My wife is already in India and we don't have her PCC from Indian Consulate in USA.

She took PCC from district police stations in India.

In P4 it is mentioned that she needs PCC from Regioal Passport Office in India also.

Will it be a big issue if we could not get it?

We are still trying to get it from RPO in India but just in case.

Thanks

Per requirements of CP Interview from US consulate

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/police_certificates.html

It does mention for getting PCC from District Police Office is acceptable. But in #2 they mentioned to get from Regional Passport Office ALSO.
Further in FAQ#1 its clearly stated to get from BOTH.

Also check with the concerned US Consulate to verify this.

Hope this helps.

My wife had a recent interview at chennai. She didn't have a PCC from passport office, but she had it from local police station. They send her back to get it from the passport office. since her's was a new passport, she got the PCC from passport office within a day and we mailed back the passport and PCC. She got the visa within 3-4 days..
Hope this help.s

PCC from india or local embassy

calerius & GCA2405 -

I was under the impression that if you have PCC from the local embassy/consulate in US, you need not get PCC from the RPO or the local police station in India. Could you please clarify?

The chennai RPO website states that to get the PCC one needs to present the passport at the RPO. So for people going to the CP interview just a couple of days in advance, how can they get the PCC from the RPO?

Also did your wife get the PCC from a local police station or from the commisioner's office (assuming residence is in chennai)? What is the procedure for getting the PCC from a local police station? - should the candidate be present? fee? any particular application forms?

santaman

santaman,

we have take the PCC from Indian consulate in USA but in my case I forgot to take it for my wife and now she is in India on vacations.

So we can not it in USA for her so she has to take there.

She got it from local police office and now it seems we do have to take from RPO also.

:(

-- Thanks to all