PCC from Other Countries

SB-2004

Registered Users (C)
PCC from Other Countries - INDONESIA

I was in Indonesia for more than Six months. I believe we can get PCC only from some countries and not all. Does anybody know the list of countries from which US does not expect PCCs ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You DO need a PCC from Indonesia. This is a particularly nasty PCC to obtain - it cost me a fortune in agency fees to get my legitimate PCC (and my record was clean). If you have not already committed to Consular Processing, abandon it now and go I485 - I am not being over-dramatic here - it was a nightmare.

Ben Thanks. My case is already at Bombay consulate waiting for PD to be current. I'm expecting a interview in May/June/July. I have to get PCC and don't have any other choice. Could you give me all the information to get it ? I appreciate your help.

The information that I was sent by the US Consulate was not current. The Australian immigration department's list of police certificate requirements proved to be very accurate. All the required documents and instructions to obtain an Indonesian PCC (and every other country) are at the following link: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf
I have not seen an equivalent document issued by the US State Department (who were really quite helpful except for the PCC issue).
Good luck!

Ben, Do you have the contact information of any agency that will help. I'm currently in US (East Coast) does not have any contacts in Indonesia anymore.

Thanks for all your help.

Sorry - it was a friend in Indonesia who was owed a favour by their documentation agent (who has since left Indonesia) who helped me. You should dig deep into your circle of friends from your days in Indonesia for some leads. Does the company who originally sponsored you there still exist? - mine didn't but if yours does they might be able to hook you up with an agent. You could also try the Indonesian embassy in DC in person for assistance. I'd guess there must be an easier way but I needed my PCC in a hurry unlike you (had 2 months notice before the interview).

Thanks Ben, I will try some contacts there. I was there before the economic crisis they had and much has changed after that. I don't have any card that's mentioned in the required documentation except for all the stamps in my passport. I was there for approx 15 months returning to India after every 5 months for two weeks atleast. Also I stayed in a Hotel during all my visits. Don't know if this makes any difference.

The company there was our client and not employer and it was GE's subsidiary and it still exists.

Last edited by a moderator: