PCC from NY

infoplease

Registered Users (C)
PCC from NY and do we need to send all passports held to date

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it is taking to obtain a PCC from the Indian Consulate at NY these days.

Thank you.

Also, do we need to send ALL PASSPORTS HELD ie even the one that expired or only the one currently being used.

Replies greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
pccfrom Ny

If your passport is issued from NY consulate .then pcc is issued on the same day

If your passport is issued from India ,it will take minimum 45 days and max
depends on delays in Indian governm,ent offices --your guess is as good as mine

vadak said:
If your passport is issued from NY consulate .then pcc is issued on the same day

If your passport is issued from India ,it will take minimum 45 days and max
depends on delays in Indian governm,ent offices --your guess is as good as mine

You are sooooo wrong.

It might vary but I mailed my application (without passport) on Monday, Indian consulate,NY got it on Wednesday, got phone call on Thursday that my PCC is cleared. Went NY and got my passport stamped on friday. One of my friend got his passport within same timeline. So its not unique situation.
Wow, if thats how everything works then I have to forgo my immigration plans and go back to India :).

For people not familiar with NY,
Easiest way to go to consulate is, to go to Journal square (nearby newark avenue if you are familiar) in jersey city, park in parking lot in front of journal square ($10), take path train to 33rd street ($1.5), take subway train F uptown to get to 63rd street (I advice buying unlimited one day fun pass for $7), consulate is Between Madison Ave & 5th Avenue 64th street, so ask someone about it. You can recognize consulate by "tiranga" hidden behind big bushes. Go to lower floor and left side of the room. Go to the last window (information) and explain why you are there. She will take your passport and will ask you to come at 4.30. Thats it, you have fun pass, hang around in the city, come back and you will get your passport and letter from consulate general.