PCC from Indian embassy

tito9

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for PCC with Indian embassy in Washington in Oct, 2002 but did not get it stamped on my passport when they got the approval. Was wondering if the approval is still valid & can get it stamped now in my passport or do I need to apply for PCC again? I had been to India on 2 occassions during this time ( 3 weeks & 4 weeks).

Any insight will help.

Originally posted by tito9
I had applied for PCC with Indian embassy in Washington in Oct, 2002 but did not get it stamped on my passport when they got the approval. Was wondering if the approval is still valid & can get it stamped now in my passport or do I need to apply for PCC again? I had been to India on 2 occassions during this time ( 3 weeks & 4 weeks).

Any insight will help.

It is not clear where and when you intend to use this PCC.
Assuming that you either have a CP Visa appointment or
AOS, either way you will need a more current PCC from the
consulate. This is considering that now the consulate is
expecting you to carry a PCC which is not more than 6 months
old when you appear for the interview.

I do not know why it was not done the first time, but the
normal practice is to put a notation in your passport when
they give the PCC.

Raju

I had opted for CP in I140 and had applied for PCC in anticipation of I140 getting approved soon, which took around a year. Since I140 was pending I did not collect the PCC from embassy. Now I140 has been approved & I expect CP interview in 3-4months time. So can I collect the PCC which was approved in Dec 2002 and will it be still valid OR do I need to apply for it again.

I was told the validity of PCC is for 6 months fromthe day it is stamped in the passport. Is it true?

I had opted for CP in I140 and had applied for PCC in anticipation of I140 getting approved soon, which took around a year. Since I140 was pending I did not collect the PCC from embassy. Now I140 has been approved & I expect CP interview in 3-4months time. So can I collect the PCC which was approved in Dec 2002 and will it be still valid OR do I need to apply for it again.

I was told the validity of PCC is for 6 months fromthe day it is stamped in the passport. Is it true?

I doubt the consulate would just hand you the PCC from 2002
without going through the whole process once again. Particularly
in the light of, you having visited India 2 times during this time.

What you need to do is approach the Consulate and discuss
with them and reapply if they say it is necessary. The validity period as laid down by the consulates presently is 6 months.

Raju

I checked with embassy Indian Embassy in Washington & I was told since I had only applied for & got approval for it (though in Nov 2002) and did not collect it from them in Nov 2002, I do not need to apply again (to my surprise, though I mentioned I had visited India on 2 occasions since then). I can send my passport & it wil be stamped with the current date.

I am not sure what is involved in 'Collecting' PCC from Indian embassy & what are the contents of it? Is it they stamp in the passport AND do they also give some other letter with dates? Is this letter issued from police authorities in India, when approved? Or is it a letter from Embassy as of the date it is collected from them?

I checked with embassy Indian Embassy in Washington & I was told since I had only applied for & got approval for it (though in Nov 2002) and did not collect it from them in Nov 2002, I do not need to apply again (to my surprise, though I mentioned I had visited India on 2 occasions since then). I can send my passport & it wil be stamped with the current date.

I am not sure what is involved in 'Collecting' PCC from Indian embassy & what are the contents of it? Is it they stamp in the passport AND do they also give some other letter with dates? Is this letter issued from police authorities in India, when approved? Or is it a letter from Embassy as of the date it is collected from them?

The PCC is given out on the letterhead of the consulate/embassy
with an official's signature. A notation is also made in your
passport saying that a pcc has been issued on such and such
date.

Raju

Raju, does the dates specified on The Letterhead / or notation on the pasport specify current date when collected from embassy or dates it was approved by authorities in India?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Raju, does the dates specified on The Letterhead / or notation on the pasport specify current date when collected from embassy or dates it was approved by authorities in India?

Thanks in advance for your response.

I do not know!

Logically thinking they should give you a letter with the current
date, or ask you to re-apply if they have concern about it.

I do not know if they would just dust off the old letter and
hand it to you, but this does not look likely to me.

Raju