PCC from India

DBM said:
that I couldn't bring the PCC from US

that I got my PCC from passport office here

The guy then asked me.. "whats the problem?" .. I told him thta, I am not able to get a local PCC

{ DBM - Can you re-read your post, it is confusing so basically which PCC you have US or Bombay ?? and what does LOCAL stand for US or Bombay ?? }

-DBM

VM, please refer to my original post on page 2

Hi VM1214,

Please refer to my original post in page 2 of this thread.

I was in USA from July-1998 to May-2004. I have been waiting in AOS stage(I-485) since last 2 yrs. I came to Mumbai on a pre-planned trip during May'04. Before coming to India, I had requested my attorney to send papers to Mumbai consulate for AC140. I didn't have time to get the PCC from Indian consulate in USA.

After reaching Mumbai, I came to know that, US consulate in Mumbai has accepted my case and have issued a case# and that my interview is likely to be held in August.

So I went to the regional passport office here in Mumbai and got a PCC. They just took one day to give me a PCC as my passport was issued in Mumbai during 1996.

After reading the local PCC requirements in this forum, I approached the CID special branch (behind times of India building) an dthey said that, they can't give me a Local PCC as I am here in India only since last one month. They will accept applications, only if the stay here in Mumbai is more than one year. That has also been mentioned in their PCC application form. I then called US consulate here and told them my story. They told me not to worry (their question after listening to my story was.... "so whats the problem" ) and that, I don't need a PCC from local police(CID special branch) and the PCC from regional passport office is sufficient.

Well, thats what they told me over phone. They never replied back to my email. I am not sure, if they will create problem during interview though.

Hope I have clarified it now.

Thanks DBM.

So you mean to say if you stayed only in US and India and if for some reason you are not able to produce the US PCC and able to produce Indian PCC from RPO then it should be fine ??? OOOKKK.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
amolnaik said:
sm_delhi:

The letter from the consulate indicating that you require PCC from local police will be included in Packet 4 only. You will have to wait till you get packet 4 (either through post or you collecting it personally when it is ready at the consulate).

You needn't worry too much abt the PCC from Local police. I too couldn't the PCC from local police in time before the interview (I had the one from the passport office). My interview went through smoothly but they kept the visa pending till I got the PCC. I went back to the consulate abt a month later with the PCC and got the visa.

Hi,

Delhi police has accepted the PCC application form from me when I attached the DS2001 along with it. Thanks for your help.

Shibu