PCC from Houston consulate general of india

pmt:

This surely is news to many of us. Do keep us posted if you finally succeed in gettting original BC from municpal authorities in india based on BC issued by indian consulate in usa. This will save a lot of folks some trouble of going thru getting NAC and 2 affidavits!

Hi All,
Thanks for all the replies. Considering the amount of stress and ambiguity it generates to keep knocking on the consulates door (or rather the phone) I decided that it was best to visit Houston personally.
Went to the consulate Monday evening between 4 - 5 pm and collected my PCC. The process was over in 5 minutes.

So from my experience, the best way is to send the docs via postal mail and after 40 days just go there personally and get the PCC.

AS

Hi All,
Thanks for all the replies. Considering the amount of stress and ambiguity it generates to keep knocking on the consulates door (or rather the phone) I decided that it was best to visit Houston personally.
Went to the consulate Monday evening between 4 - 5 pm and collected my PCC. The process was over in 5 minutes.

So from my experience, the best way is to send the docs via postal mail and after 40 days just go there personally and get the PCC.

AS

I went to CGI Houston in person on Friday( 09/18) and managed to get our PCC's isssued without any problems.

But still I think these fellows could be more responsible in picking up the phones and providing the necessary info people like us need.

RK

I never had any problems dealing with the PCC people in the Houston consulate. They were prompt while returning my calls and were always very helpful. I had to have PCCs issued twice because of the 6 month limit and I thought they were wonderful in accommodating my concerns.

QFGC