PCC from Chicago Consulate in 20 days !!

pro

Registered Users (C)
Passport issued Mumbai,
Applied for PCC on Jan 3rd, got a call from Chicago ,Jan 23rd that PCC had come, went with passport to Chicago consulate and got it.

Questions about PCC

Can you tell us more about the process? What forms should we use to apply for PCC. Do we have to submit our passports along with our application or not?

THanks.

Prince Kumar

Answers

Go to www.chicago.indianconsulate.com
Download Misclanous Forms, check PCC,
Send Copy of all pages of Passport , to Chicago Consulate along with Misc. Form & Money Order , send $11 + $20 ( For telex) . Check fee , I think they have changed.

Call Chicago consulate - Usha extension 27 , ask her if she go papers , and when she Faxed it.

When the PCC is done , Usha will call you up , then go to Chicago consulate or send passport by mail , to get PCC on your passport.

Questions

Prince Kumar, can you tell me
Have you sent Packet-3 , if yes , when & what Forms did you use , OF-230 or DS-230 ?

is 312-5950405 chicago consulate number..

I called this number and tried pressing 27 after it gave a message if u know ur parties extension please press now.
I pressed 27 it got disconnected. Am i doing something wrong here.
Please shed some light here.

0405 through 0410 are for the Consulate

The moment the automated msg starts, go ahead and press 27. There is silence for a while, but keep holding, and you will get through to Usha or her voicemail.
- Mukul

I have 2 questions?

1. DO Chicago Consulate issue a PCC on a paper also, in addition to PP stamping?
2. Address in the PCC application and on Passport could be different?

Response appreciated

PCC fee at Chicago Consulate

Guys,

I am going to do my PCC shortly. I have been hearing news that the PCC fee have changed. Could anyone, who did their PCC recently tell us what the fee structure is.

PCC : $11 (as per consulate)
TELEX: ??

Thanks.

Prince Kumar

PCC for me and my wife???

Did any one get it done in India??? I live in Chicago...so do u gys think it is easier to get it done here rather than in India. Please suggest.

It is cool to apply here....

You just apply and if they even did not get reply after 45 days the consulate has the rights to issue you the PCC. This info i got after speaking with one of the ladies in consulate.
So cool apply and forget it u will get it.

Thanks Suresh...that gives me some confidence.

What is the rejection rate in Madras???? any idea?? I am not being pessimistic but...v do not know..

Chicago PCC language

...i states something to the tune of......XXXdoesnot have any adverse record..which will render him/her inadmissible for the PURPOSES OF TRAVEL".....

Did all Chicago receipient have such language ?