PCC for wife

bangaloreman

Registered Users (C)
I got married a couple of months ago and brought my wife here on H4. We had applied for a new passport for her with my last name (misc. service - change of last name consequent to marriage). We received her new passport and the canceled old passport with the H4 visa in it. When we went back to get the PCC we were told that the PCC will be issues only on the new passport (married name). She has never been known by that name when she lived in India. The officer at the counter at the Indian Consulate refused to issue a PCC under her maiden name. Can that cause any problems at the US COnsulate during CP???

Appreciate any thoughts on this.....

Originally posted by bangaloreman
I got married a couple of months ago and brought my wife here on H4. We had applied for a new passport for her with my last name (misc. service - change of last name consequent to marriage). We received her new passport and the canceled old passport with the H4 visa in it. When we went back to get the PCC we were told that the PCC will be issues only on the new passport (married name). She has never been known by that name when she lived in India. The officer at the counter at the Indian Consulate refused to issue a PCC under her maiden name. Can that cause any problems at the US COnsulate during CP???

Appreciate any thoughts on this.....

This is perfectly normal. She will hence forth use her married name and mention her maiden name whereever required.
(Ex: the item about 'other names used' on the DS 230 Part I )

There is absolutely no problem.

Raju

Hi Raju, Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can the officer at the US consulate raise any questions such as "She was never known by her married name in India. You need to get a PCC in her maiden name....".

I am concerned that they may object on that point. Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience.

Originally posted by bangaloreman
Hi Raju, Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can the officer at the US consulate raise any questions such as "She was never known by her married name in India. You need to get a PCC in her maiden name....".

I am concerned that they may object on that point. Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience.

They would not raise that kind of objection. We all have gone
through the same situation.

Raju