PCC for Indians with foreign passports doing a CP

Njie

From Jan 1, all persons who are over the age of 16 and have lived in India need a PCC. One can send in Indian passport details to the local consulate here in the US to get a PCC. I took up Australian citizenship around 10 years ago and due to no dual citizenship agreement with India, I had to hand in my Indian passport to the Australian immigration department. I don\'t have any details of my passport or any relative living in Pune (my old regional passport office). There must be quite a few Indians with Canadian, UK and NZ passports in a similar situation. Can any guru suggest how I could go about getting a PCC? I am planning to do a CP at Sydney, Australia later this year.
thanks!
BRB

Do you have Photocopy of last passport..?

Apply CPP through the consulate from where you got your last Indian Passport..? they will have the record..?

Passport was issued in Pune PO, no photocopy

If I had a photocopy of my passport that would have been end of the matter.Unfortunately it was issued in India in 1980s, and I don\'t think there was computerization then. I don\'t think the Australian immigration authorities would have done anything else other than mailing it back to India when I took up Australian citizenship (and passport.

Go to the Indian consulate

Fill in the forms and pay the fees ($11.00).
They will keep your passport and give you the PCC the next day.
I got mine in SFO no problems. Good luck

was your passport Indian or foreign?

Nohope, but will they give me a PCC on the basis of an Australian passport. I handed in my Indian passport 8-10 years ago when I took up Australian citizenship. If you think it is worth a try, I will visit the chicago consulate and see what they say.

Did you have an Indian passport when you went to SFO consulate?

sydney CP

Hi
I am planning to go to sydney too, w\'d like to share your experience of the processes involved.SO what did u decide for yr PCC since u don\'t have any record of yr indian passport.I have a copy of my passport, what do u think w\'d be the best option for me.
C\'d u plz also give yr contact no.
thanks in advance.
PK

Little hope..

Hello,

All the documents that people received from US Consulate in Mumbai suggest that no PCC will be issued to a Non-Indian applying for IV outside India.

I doubt, since you renounced your Indian citizenship and its passport, that any consulate would issue you a PCC. Without Indian passport or eligibility to acquire one, I think you would be unfortunately classified as a non-Indian. As far as I recollect, the forms at consulate also states the same. I would rather go to local police station and/or RPO in Pune to get one somehow.

sydney consular

Hi PK, I just saw your message now regarding Sydney CP. I came across this when I was following sri Ganesh\'s posting. Please check your private message for my contact details. In reply to your\'s and Sri Ganesh\'s e-mail:

I filed for PCC at Chicago consulate by mail (did not send passport). I provided my last Indian address and RPO (Pune) and gave my mother\'s address as "permanent address in India".

My family are still in Australia. They filed for PCC at the local Indian high commission office. They were told to check back AFTER 11 Weeks! They don\'t have details of their Indian passports either. Anyway we don\'t need PCC for at least 26 weeks so we are not unduly fussed about the time. This board has been very helpful to alert others to potential pitfalls and delays.

Nice to know you too are planning to do consular processing at Sydney. The problem is the number of employment based consular visas from Sydney are very low and there is not much information to go by. CPtracker.com has one reference, but unfortunately no experience details. Most references to Sydney consular lead to K1 Visa!

No Title

brb:
Have tried searching if the pune po has a email contact? Nowadays everyone seems to have one.

btw, I am from pune too. Just that I have a Indian passport! :)

Good luck!

Veteran

Pune RPO does not have a web site

I have come across at least 6 regional passport offices with web sites, but not pune, which is quite surprising. Once upon a time I had an Indian passport too!:) I used to live in chinchwad and worked at telco.

heres some links

Marta "Easy CP in Sydney, Australia on 27th Nov" 12/4/01 9:06am
Artarmon43 "Police Certificate from Sydney, Australia" 10/21/01 12:09pm

Not true

I have an Australian passport and they gave me one the next day.
I saw guys with Canadian passports at the SFO consulate as well who got it the next day.
For Indian citizens it takes longer. Go figgure.

one day PCC on Oz passport is amazing

That is interesting information regarding your PCC. My nearest CG is in Chicago and is over 500 miles from here so I did not have the luxury of fronting up with my oz passport. I have mailed them relevant copies and I will call them in a week\'s time to ask if they got it and how long it will take. My wife and son were who went in person in Melbourne for their Indian PCC were asked to inquire back in 11 weeks! Obviously processes policies vary both within the country (SFO/CGC) and outside (Mel) too. I guess if one starts early then it really does not matter. They can take their own time.
Thanks for your previous links on Sydney consular. It will be helpful for those planning a consular interview in Sydney. Unfortunately most of the Sydney consular interview stuff on the web is for K1 cases!