PCC for CP question with a twist

sudden

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I've been doing a lot of reading in this forum on Police Clearance Certificates for CP, but can't get an answer for my situation. Here it is:

My wife and I have passports originally issued by Bangalore and Chennai RPO's respectively. A few years ago, both our passports got damaged in the rains and we were issued duplicate passports by the Consulate General of India in San Francisco, where we were living then. We moved back to India (Bangalore) in November of 2001. We have applied for CP and our P3 forms have just been sent off to STL, so we are expecting our interview dates sometime in Oct/Nov. The question is, where should we get our PCC's from? Will Bangalore and Chennai RPO's do it, or should be approach SFO (which would be extremely difficult since we live in Bangalore now)? Also, regarding local police clearance, should we get it from our nearest police station in Bangalore?

Any help appreciated.

Since u are living in India right now, u would need a PCC from the RPO (chennai, u say) and one from your local (nearest would work) police station.

You dont have to bother with SFO..