PCC Consular processing

perm201

Registered Users (C)
I am now eligible for the final step in the consular processing based on EB2 dates for India. I live in Canada right now and have not lived in India for many years. I had a couple of questions about PCC.

1. I have a canadian PCC that was taken june last year. Will I need new ones to submit?
2. I have Indian PCC taken last year also, again, will I need new ones to submit given that I have not lived in India since? Last year it was a painful process to get it at the Toronto Indian Consulate general and I am not looking forward to doing it again this year, especially knowing that the dates may not remain like this by next month.

Can anyone who has been through this process before please shed some light?

Thank you

Thanks, but which PCC are you referring to? I am okay with getting RCMP again but does the same apply to Indian PCC too? We have been hearing through our lawyers that since you have not lived in India for more than 6 months you don't need to reapply for Indian PCC, can you confirm that piece?

I had not livd in India since 1991. I needed to gat a PCC from the Indian Consulate in New York.
You will also need to get a PCC from RCMP.

Thank you for the response. But I am not sure that answers my question. I have not lived in India since 1998. I have a PCC that covers me for before 1998. Since I have not lived in India from 1998 (specifically recently, after the getting the PCC last year), I was told we may not need to get new ones since we have one for the period covering the time we were there.

So, did you go through the process of getting the PCC once, only for your dates to retrogress and the PCC past one year, where you ended up having to apply for Indian PCC again? Hope this clarifies my question. Look forward to your response.

OK,
I get the question now.
You are asking about the PCC from India for prior 1998. I did not need a PCC for prior 1991. I belive if you have been outside India for a period of more than 6 yrs you only need to get a PCC from the Indian Consulate. You dont need a PCC from the Passport Office in India.
Hope this helps.

Thanks we got the PCC from the Toronto consulate in our case and not the Indian passport office due to the same reasons. However the big question is usually all police certificates expire at the end of 1 yr. The question I have is will we need to get Indian PCC again after the 1 yr expiration date? The issue is the dates go current and then they retrogress. So during that time the PCC from India can become older than a yr. However we have not lived in India since 98 so do we still need to keep getting Indian PCC every yr or will the one we got the first time be accepted by NVC? We have no issues getting RCMP every time since its very easy to get that and besides we live in Canada so that should be the only PCC that needs to keep current is what I have been told? Can you confirm that piece?

Thanks