PCC - Confused !!!

sm_delhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Recently submitted my P3 and I am currently collecting the required documents for the Interview In Delhi. I have been staying in Delhi for the past 12 years. I know that I need to get PCC from the Regional Passport Office and one from Local Police Station. My question is; do I have to get a PCC from each place where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16? From the age of 16 till 22 I was staying in Kerala. Do I need a PCC from the local police station in Kerala?

Thanks

Shibu

sm_delhi:

You should get the PCC for the place you have been staying in Delhi. I suppose the place that you have been staying hasn't changed for the past 12 years. No need to get the PCC from Kerala.

amolnaik said:
sm_delhi:

You should get the PCC for the place you have been staying in Delhi. I suppose the place that you have been staying hasn't changed for the past 12 years. No need to get the PCC from Kerala.

Thanks Amolnaik

Hi All,

In order to avoid the last minute rush I am in the process of collecting PCC’s in advance for the interview in Delhi. For the PCC from the local police station (Hauz Khas, South Delhi); they are demanding “Letter/Instruction of the Embassy demanding the Police Clearance Certificate”. I believe that I will receive this letter only along with the Packet 4 from the Embassy; or is there any other way of getting this letter or instruction from the embassy? The police authorities said that on an average it takes 30 days to issue the PCC after police verification. I don’t think I will have that much time after receiving Packet 4 from embassy. What should I do now?

Shibu

SM,
Download the form DS2001 from the website actually it is the instruction for the CP interviewers and it is part of P4 and in that form there is one check box which says about PCC you can show them.
I don't see a reason why they asked you that question ?

thanks

vm1214,

Delhi police has accepted the PCC application form from me when I attached the DS 2001 along with it :D

Thanks for your help.

Shibu

Received the PCC's

I have received the PCC's from Local Police Authorities yesterday !!! :D

Now waiting for NVC to send the papers to NWD. Review on the Packet 3 was completed on 29th June.

Thanks for all the help.

sm_delhi

sm_delhi contact me

Hi Sm_delhi,

could you please contact me when you receive your packet 4. I mean i just want to see how long does it takes you to receive ur packet 4....my P3 review was completed on June 24, 2004. so if i receive the packet 4 before you, then i will definitely let you know.
thanks

bollywoodboyz said:
Hi Sm_delhi,

could you please contact me when you receive your packet 4. I mean i just want to see how long does it takes you to receive ur packet 4....my P3 review was completed on June 24, 2004. so if i receive the packet 4 before you, then i will definitely let you know.
thanks

Sure, I will be in touch with you.

sm_delhi

vm1214 said:
Originally Posted by sm_delhi
I have received the PCC's from Local Police Authorities yesterday !!!

{ IT was pretty fast }

sm_delhi Thanks

Yeah.. You have to just go through the "indian way" to get things done with Delhi Police ;)