PCC CGNY tracker

gcneeded: PCC is a letter stating that there is no adverse information about you, your passport als

Do they accept registered US mail?

I sent an application by priority registered US mail on 10 Dec and haven\'t got any confirmation that app is received or I haven\'t got my mail back by USPS? What does it mean? CGNY might have accepted the application or trashed it?

SudhirKumar

I tried to call them this week but no one is answering the phone. I always get voice mail. I tried 212-774-0667. Does anybody know any other number that directly get through??? I talked to them two weeks before on the same number the lady told me they sent some fax to RPO Ahmedabad from where my passport was issued. She hung up before I ask any more question. So I am assuming they must have sent the information by fax but not sure. Does anybody know is this the procedure??

Thanks

PCC CGDC

I am thinking of sending an application for PCC to DC consulate on Monday. I had questions about the process. What are the things that need to be sent ? Application, Photo, Passport and fees..is that all ?

How do they send the passport and PCC back? Do they need to keep the passport or they can give it back if you are personally present when you apply ?

Any help will be appreciated.

gcneeded

CGNY\'s recorded message on phone and their website CLEARLY states that post sept 11th incident, they do not accept US MAIL, they accept only UPS / FedEx etc.

Track your US Mail package and see what it says, also call CGNY or send e-mail to them to see what would be the fater of your appln. or send a new appln.

PCC details

Sent PCC application to CGNY: Dec 14th
PCC Received: January 4th

Passports renewed/issued at CGNY

Called CGNY and said cud collect PCC next week after giving them a call before coming

Applied Date : 12/12/2001

Guys as soon as a month is over call up and they shud b able to issue the PCC

Kartick

what documents did you send

I am in the same boat as you. My passport was renewed (issued new PP). We did a change of name for my wife, so her passport was also issued again (new passport). We are applying for PCC through mail. The lady in the CGNY is not very helpful in telling me what documentation is needed. Can you tell me what documents (original and copies) did you have to send to get the pcc thru mail

what documents did you have to send

Can you tell us what documents (both original and copies) did you have to send. Our passports were also issued in new york recently. I renewed mine, and we had a change of name done for my wife. Did you send your original passport. What proof did you submit about your visa status, since your new passport does not have the visa. appreciate your help.

ME2GC

I tried calling CGNY at 212-774-0667 and no one picks up the phone or returns calls. What number did you try?

the same one which u tried. Just try calling between 10.00 and 11.00 AM

Chances are bright.I have got twice during this time. Just my guess that they are active during this period

Surprise!!

I was able to get CGNY number to check the status for my PCC. Mine was applied on Dec 11. She asked me passport issued from and Date applied for PCC. She checked some thing in their record and then told that they did not receive any thing yet from India not for me and not for wife too ,passport were issued from different places. Mine was issued from Delhi then I asked her that it should be fastest from Delhi, Then she said that you know How they work in India :) It was nice talk. Told me to check again in 3rd week of Jan.
Good Luck Guys !!

Obtaining Police Verification Certificate from CGNY

Hi Guys,
   Can any of you tell me, which form should I fill for
obtaining this ceritificate? I tried to find it on
www.indiacgny.org couldn\'t find any form.
And also can email/fax this form to cgny.

Thanks in advance.
Srinivas