PCC apply in DC experience

r_sada

Registered Users (C)
I went in person today to apply for my PCC at Embassy of India in Washington DC, total time 5 minutes,
they took the original passpport gave me a ticket and collected the fees and said it will be ready in 15 working days.
The person was very friendly and gave a number to call before i come and said it usually takes about 15 business days to get it processed recently.

/S

R_sada,
Can you give some more details about fees?
Did you pay just the $20 per application or include some extra for telex charges?
Will they mail the passport back or do you plan to collect it in person?

I took a money order for 80$ for me and my wife.
They asked me to come collect it in person after 15 working days which im planning to.
I also submitted my original passport to avoid hassle of parking in Mass Ave once more.
If you drive a best place to park is drive up and make the left turn after the bridge and pull up in the right on opposite to the Italian Embassy its a 2 minute walk from there.

/S

r_sada,
i stays in delaware, do i have to send passport to DC to get PCC?
My passport was issued by chicago indian consulate while i was staying in MI.wife passport was issued in india, do i have to sent the detail to DC or Chicago to get pcc?

thanks,
spb999

PCC At NY :

I too went for my PCC this morning - had to wait for about 90 minutes for my turn. The lady at the counter took all my particulars, like, photocopy of mine and my wife's PP, copies of I94 extensions (since I did not get the extension stamped on the PP) and paid $20/- each as fees. She said that it will take about 1 month and gave me a number to call after 1 month. Took about 10 Min at the counter.

If anyone is applying at the NY consulate and don't have extensions stamped, please carry the original. They insist on seeing this.

Is this really a PCC?

Applied for PCC @ DC on 09/13 and got it on 09/20 (dropeed off and picked up in person). My PCC says:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
There is no adverse information on the records of Embassy of India against Mr. my name, holder of Indian Passport No. P# issued at Mumbai, India on date, which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for USA.

Is this really a Police Clearance Certificate? I had something else in mind. US Consulate, Mumbai has already verified that I do not need a PCC from Indian police.

I applied at houston today. I supplied photocopy of passport , misc form , PPP form , photograph and H1B status. 11$ fee per person. Did not have any problem.
They said it will be ready in 30-35 days..I will contact them in 30 days.
Let me know if anyone has questions.

pamid123 said:
Applied for PCC @ DC on 09/13 and got it on 09/20 (dropeed off and picked up in person). My PCC says:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
There is no adverse information on the records of Embassy of India against Mr. my name, holder of Indian Passport No. P# issued at Mumbai, India on date, which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for USA.

Is this really a Police Clearance Certificate? I had something else in mind. US Consulate, Mumbai has already verified that I do not need a PCC from Indian police.
Yes. That is pretty much it. Only thing I do not recollect is part "... on the records of Embassy of India ...".

But if it is issued by the embassy it is OK and youa also have part "grant of travel ... USA". So that should be fine.

Received PCC today

I sent our passports by mail to DC on 09/27 and received it back 10/08 with the PCC letter and stamp.
Included a copy of all pages of passport, I-94, draft for fees, express mail address label addressed to me (20+20 for each application and 15 for express mail return) and a brief cover letter requesting this for immigration visa.
Keep a copy of passport with you just in case of any mail problems.

r_sada,
Arlen has assured me that this is more than enough. I even verified from Mumbai consulate that we do not need Indian PCC anymore.
Good luck,
Ram_frm_RIC.

Guys,
I got the police clearance certificate from DC office for me and my wife. I didn't received any police clearance certificate for my 4 yr old daughter , is it ok? Gurus any suggestion. DC Indian consulate people says they dont issue pcc for children, is it true.

thanks,
spb999

spb999,

You don't need a PCC for children below 14 - this is what I have gathered from this forum

police clearance certificate, ny

Hi Guys! I have been following for some time, very informative forum.

This is my first post.

I wanted to clarify 2 things.

1. I received my PCC from NY consulate within a week! That is great, but I notice that the passport # that they refer to is the "old" passport that was issued in Delhi, not the renewed passport that they issued a few years ago in NY. Any ideas if this is likely a typo or standard policy?

2. My Consular processing application is pending with Delhi Embassy for 4 weeks now. No word, no reply to e-mails, is that to be expected?

Thanks in advance.

I would think that you need the PCC with the new PP no.

Call the NWD to see if you can get a person to talk.

cp

Thaks Alren,
Agree with both points. Is there a good # to call in NWD (one that is better than the other?)