Paying the fee

Nischal

Hello!
Recently I was offered a job from company X, and I accepted their offer, and they processed my h1-b visa. While they were processing the visa, due to certain situation I had to apply for another job. I also accepted the offer from company Y. Then I rejected the offer made by company X.
I am now working in company Y.
Now company X is asking me to pay the fee associated with H1-b visa.
Do you think I should pay the fee? Am I responsible for that?
Please let me know.
Thank you.

No Title

If you have not signed any paper saying that you will pay the H1 fees back if you resign, then you need not pay anything I think. Otherwise it is better you pay the fees if you agreed to pay if you leave by signing some paper.

No Title

hi! i would like to enquire about old records....I am a permanent Hong Kong resident. I came to live here when I was 10 years old. After my one week my Mother brought me here, there was a big fire where we\'ve been living 15 years ago and everything got burnt down.
My problem now is that I have beeb wondering if they would have my old records there in the immigration. My Mother cannot really remember if she had filed everything before the fire broke. If I wanted to check my old records at the immigration i.e: my birth certificate, ets... would they still have it and would I have to pay to dig it up??
I am now 25 turning 26 years old, and planning of getting married in a few months. I don\'t have the original birth certificate of my birth certificate as it was burned already and I think they have a copy of this there in the immigration when my Mother filed for the recedency long time ago. Can anybody please suggest me or something. Thank you very much!!!!
 :)

No Title

I\'m not an attorney.

My understanding, however, is that company A cannot make you pay the fee. A
reasonable thing to do would be to have company B repay the fee to company A,
especially if company B did not petition for a new H1-B for you.

Another way to look at it, however, is that you may have breached your
original agreement with company A by not accepting employment when your
H1-B was based on this.

Again, it seems reasonable for company B to reimburse company A.

Good luck!

Again, I\'m not at attorney.