Patta Hara and Cp Gurus Advice Please

roundthecorner

Registered Users (C)
I got an RFE for my packet 3. 6 years of my H1 expire on 6/22/02. Do you think I can wait until May 10th and apply for the extension only if I dont get a june CP interview ? My lawyer says that he\'ll charge 1000$ for the H1 extension.

No Title

I called up NVC operator this morning to find out that they sent back my Packet 3 to the attorney because I didnt fill up Item 20 correctly. I looked at the copy I sent to them. It says that you have to list all the places you lived for more than 6 months. Hence I did not list Madras and Singapore where I have lived for 4 months each. Guess they didnt want to see that gap. Now I have to fill it up and send it back to NVC, NH. They say it\'ll take 6-8 weeks again!! I am waiting for the paperwork to reach my attorney. I have already filled up DS230-I again and am waiting. The agony continues.......

IMHO

Send your pkt 3 again (don\'t necessarliy have to wait till attorney gets it back), unless ofcourse you want to make absolutely sure what the cause for the RFE is. Wait till April end and file for H1 extension. It should be enough to get your H1 application reciept to avoid any questions regarding status, which you should typically get in about 2 weeks. But if you want to play it very safe, go ahead and apply for your H1 extension. There is no guarantees as to when your interview date will be.

No Title

Hi, my case is AC140. I am going to send P3 today to Mumbai consulate. Can I expect an early May interview or is that totally out of question? I am trying to avoid a late May or early june interview because I have my CFA level 3 exam on June 2. This exam is only offered once a year. Can anyone give me some advice as to what I should do?
thanks

No Title

Thanks Rajesh... I think I\'ll wait till May 11th and apply (if I dont get a June interview). Also, I want to wait till I actually see the RFE. Dont want any more surprises!

roundthecorner

Hi,
I am in a similar situation and my current h1 expires July. I have another year in h1, but I would still ned to pay lawyer $1500 for renewal. Also I am still waiting for p3. I have decided 2 options
1, File H1 myself 1.5 months before it expires, thatway I am assured of the receipt, which is all I need for interview
2, Hope that I know the interview dat before July of this year, so if it falls say end July, I can leave country last day of June and that way I have not violated status.

what do you think, I will not be able to pay 1500 as I have still to pay lawyer balance for GC
VJ

ask for it

In the cover letter ask for late June date to be on the safer side. Earlier date maybe a problem for the consulate, but I think they should be fine with later dates.

I agree...

Wait till June and dont pay the lawyers unless its necessary. Also, check and re-check your P3 before you send it out. Dont leave any gaps in the timelines. I\'m paying for it....

Plan sounds good

You can apply for H1 yourself and get the recipt.
For July interveiw you will know by 15 June.

roundthecorner, Did u specify the places starting from the age of 16 since it says so??

No Title

I stated right from birth. But left out 2 places where I stayed only 4 months (Since the form asks you to list places where you lived more than 6 months) which turned out to be a mistake.