Patta Hara ,AKS1234 and other gurus ---question regarding employement offer vs employment verificati

jsj123

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
I got notarized employment verification letter which has
my joining date
my current title
my total compensation for 2002
HR contact number for any further inquiry.

It doesn\'t include any line that says " Upon approval of my green card I will be permanently employed" Is this line must?? Because in lots of postings, I see people are using "employment offer" letter rather than employment verification letter. I am leaving on first week of march . To add this line probably I have to take this matter to my lawyer and my manager. It will be a lot of hassle for me. So please advice that whether I should put this much efforts or employment verification is ok.?? Gurus please help.

Nice to Have

But since it mentions your 2002 compensation it is implicit that it is offer for continued employment. If you cannot get another letter than it should be OK.

Make sure the letter you take is on Company Letter head and is NOTORIZED.

$$$$make sure that he company says that $$$$$$$

It continues to offer have Mr XYZ a salary of $123456.

Make sure it is Notariized

Can I notarized HR letter outside the company???

Thanks Patta Hara and iamforcp for your reply. My letter is already notarized and on company\'s letter head.

But based on your reply I think it is more safer to have the new letter. My company\'s notary is not available on next week. I can get new letter from HR but can\'t notarize it. Can I notarize outside??(I mean in my bank they have the notary.) or HR person has to sign it in front of notary??? I am in real mess. Please reply.

Different opinion

I have a little different opinion than Patta Hara.

Since GC is for future job, your current job letter tells only about the past, not the future. I think you must get a letter stating that your employment will continue after getting the GC. Sometime these guys act hiered (just like in some cases they asked for original 140 approval), so better take it.

No Title

Yes, your HR person or your superior has to sign the employment letter in front of any public notary anywhere (work, bank, etc.).

Format !!!

Here is what i came up with, CP Gurus please provide any changes.

Mr.XYZ joined our company (XYZ, Inc) on MM/DD/YYYY
and is currently employed with our company as a "TITLE" with an
annual salary of "$$$" and we also want to continue his employment
with our company even after getting his Immigrant Visa (Green Card).

Should have any questions please feel free to call me @ "Contact No"

Thanks folks

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions. I will try my best to get this letter. I am not sure that I can get it notarized in little time I have. I have started praying now..... Thanks again.