Past Overstay (51 Days) and K1 Visa

Zorek

Hello,

Im about to show up at the consulate for the K1 visa interview. While filling in the forms, I noticed that in form DS156, theres a YES/NO question:

Have you ever violated the terms of a US visa or been unlawfully present in or deported from the US?

I overstayed in the US for 51 days after my I-94 expired (aprox. 1 year ago).
I currently have a B1/B2 visa (bussiness and pleasure).
After my overstay, i visited the US and my fiance in 7 occasions (In 3 occasions i was issued a I-94 form which i surrendered when going back to my home country).

So I have 2 questions:

Should I disclose the 51 days overstay in form DS-156?

Is this going to affect the K1 visa? Some people say its ok since the overstay period was less than 180 days (3 year bar) and since its an immigrant-visa, theres no need for a waiver with a 51 day overstay, in few words, that It should be fine.

Any help/comment is appreciated

I am curious. You visited the US 7 times after that overstay and were issued an I-94 only on 3 occasions? What happened on the other 4 occasions?

I overstayed in the US for 51 days after my I-94 expired (aprox. 1 year ago).
I currently have a B1/B2 visa (bussiness and pleasure).
After my overstay, i visited the US and my fiance in 7 occasions (In 3 occasions i was issued a I-94 form which i surrendered when going back to my home country).

A1: Yes
A2: Should not, but that depends on the interviewing consul too

So I have 2 questions:

Should I disclose the 51 days overstay in form DS-156?

Is this going to affect the K1 visa?

I am curious. You visited the US 7 times after that overstay and were issued an I-94 only on 3 occasions? What happened on the other 4 occasions?

I just crossed the border for some shopping. In that case I didnt need an I-94 form because an I-94 is required for travel beyond 65 miles from the border.

Where did you get that from? What passport do you hold and at which POE were you let in on a B-1/B-2 visa without an I-94 issuance?

I just crossed the border for some shopping. In that case I didnt need an I-94 form because an I-94 is required for travel beyond 65 miles from the border.

Where did you get that from? What passport do you hold and at which POE were you let in on a B-1/B-2 visa without an I-94 issuance?

My visa B1/B2 is also a BCC (Border Crossing Card), POE was Texas. When people cross the border and go beyond 65 miles from the border, an I-94 is required.

Ah, BCC. I thought the limit was 25 miles and 72 hours, unless you are visiting Tuscon, which has a 65 mile allowance.

My visa B1/B2 is also a BCC (Border Crossing Card), POE was Texas. When people cross the border and go beyond 65 miles from the border, an I-94 is required.