Passports stamped In Santa Ana

Maja

Registered Users (C)
On December 25th. We came at 9:00 a.m. and waited for about 2 hours. The IIO was very friendly. She took our AP\'s and EAD cards and I94\'s. After we stamped it, we went and applied to new SS cards - it is in the same building on the ground floor. We received new SS cards yesterday.

Is it safe to change jobs now?

Thanks.

Maja question for you

My approval notice says I should go to LA for stamping. Do you know if I can go to Santa Ana instead? Thanks a lot.

I am in the same situation

I called my lawyer today and she advised me to go to LA office. she said that there is a slight chance that they might mess up my file if I go to the Santa Anna office and that will not show up until citizenship

No Title

Our notice also says LA but we went to Santa Ana and had no problem. If you go to LA you face hours of waiting.

No Title

Can you elaborate on this? What file can be messed up? And how is this going to affect citizenship?

No Title

because your on old card it says \' work under INS supervision only\' or \'not valid for work\' for dependants (H4). Once you get your green card approved, they issue you a new card with same number, but the restriction to work under INS supervision is no longer there.

Maja might be right

but I am just repeating what my lawyer said. I am goona try LA and see how bad it is. I might go tonight

Stamped I-551

Hey Maja. I went to the LA office and got my passport stamped. I was there at 4 am and had to wait in line till they opened at 6 am. there was 150 people in front of me. When I got in at 6:30 or so the lady told me to go to room 2050 (where they do the stamping). it turned out I have to be in another line now to get inside the federal building. I am not sure if it was necessary to be in the line for room 1001. anyways got my stamp by noon. the stamping process is extremely slow. 1 officer at a rate of 15-20 min per person. He only processes 40-45 cases a day. My advice is to go at 6am and stand in the line to enter the main fed bldg to go up the 2nd floor (rm 2050). I do not think you need to be in the long line for room 1001. if you are lucky, you shoul be you by 8 am.

No Title

Congratulations,
you can now just sit back and wait for your plastic card to arrive.

Maja, could you tell more details about the days you stamped PP

how many peoples in waiting lines? which floors INS in? room #? is there a window handling the PP Stamped only or mixed with other cases?
Thanks.

Maja, congratulations and please see my question.

Maja:

Congratulations!!! You have your freedom now.

When you went to Santa Ana for PP, did you give them original approval notice or just courtesy approval notice? Thanks in advance.

Jason