Passports stamped in Detroit

havasosa

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I thought I should share my experience with you the rest of you. Today we went to INS at around 7:30 ( we were late, it is better to go earlier, we got lost on our way!)

Anyhow, you go in and after baggage search you should go to the window (on the left hand side) and they will look at your approval letter and will issue a number. Then wait, for about 2 hours or more. The saloon was almost packed by 9:00 and there was no place to sit!

Then the very kind and polite lady, got these documents:

-Approval letter
-I94
-Passports
-two photos (Green Card standard)
-All our EAD cards (old and new, in total 6 cards, 3 for myself and 3 for my wife)
- AP (only the new ones, did not want the old ones)
- She asked me whether my child has an EAD or have we applied for her. I said No, she is 4 years old and she said some people apply for children so they can get SSN.
(I thought this is funny!)

And then a finger print and signature and a very beautiful pinky-redish stamp on our passports (valid for one year though)

And told us congratulation for our permanent residency in US.

She was very nice and kind.

A few points:

-Go there early (maybe before 7:00)
-Take all your documents (old and new, EAD, AP, approval letter, etc)
-Take good quality photos, don't forget to write your A# and name with a pencil on the back of the photos
-Take some thing for kids to eat or drink, there in no vending machine there
-Take a book or something to read and be patient
(aren't we all?)

And good luck, it will be your turn soon

Congratulations!! You may want to change your signature now to I-485 wait over

titu

:)

havasosa,

Congratulations! Can u please give us your RD/ND details. Also update rupnet.

thanks,

Where is the INS-Detroit Located

Hi:

Did you get an RFE and how many days did it take to clear/approve.

And, also where is the INS-Detroit located.

Pl. Post

Can anyone confirm

This is what i found on website? Can some one confirm

Thanks

Detroit Office Location:
Street Address:
Detroit District
333 Mt. Elliot
Detroit, MI 48207

Mailing Address:
Detroit District
333 Mt. Elliot
Detroit, MI 48207

How to Find Us:
We are located at the Southeast Corner of East Jefferson and Mt. Elliot Streets in Detroit.

Directions:
By Bus:
Take Jefferson Avenue Bus east or west which stops at the corner of Jefferson Street and Mt. Elliot.
By Car:
From East and Port Huron Area: Take Westbound I-69 to Westbound I-94. Take the Mt. Elliot Exit; turn left onto Mt. Elliot. Continue on Mt. Elliot to East Jefferson through traffic signal. The office is located on the right hand side across from the Marathon Gas Station.

From Grand Rapids and Lansing: Take Eastbound I-96 and I-696 to southbound Lodge Freeway (10) and exit where Freeway ends (it becomes East Jefferson). Pass Cobo Arena and continue approximately 2 1/2 miles East on Jefferson to Mt. Elliot. Turn right onto Mt. Elliot. The office is located on the right hand corner across from the Marathon Gas Station.

From Flint and the North: Take I-75 Southbound to I-375 Southbound to the East Jefferson Exit. Continue on the service drive to Jefferson. Turn left onto East Jefferson and continue approximately 2 miles. Turn right onto Mt. Elliot. The office is located on the right side of the street across from the Marathon Gas Station.

From Ann Arbor and Southwest: Take I-94 East to the Mt. Elliot Exit. Turn right onto Mt. Elliot and continue on Mt. Elliot to East Jefferson. Go through the traffic signal. The office is located on the right corner across from the Marathon Gas Station.