Passport Validity

DesiBhai

Registered Users (C)
I am about to Land in CA. But my passport will expire in two months.

1. Is this a problem when I land because it is not valid for 6 months or longer?

2. If I get my passport renewed then my information on landing papers is out of date. Will this be problem?

3. Will I have to re-apply all over again?

Thanks!

It is true that once you land you will become a permanent resident of Canada but still you will be a Citizen of the country you hold passport of. If such is a case your stay in Canada is valid till the expiry of your passport regardless of PR. You will get a new passport on renewal which by law you are supposed to keep stapled with your old passport and hence the immigration will have no problem with that however when you land make sure you update your passport info (ie new passport) at the POE.

DesiBhai said:
I am about to Land in CA. But my passport will expire in two months.

1. Is this a problem when I land because it is not valid for 6 months or longer?

2. If I get my passport renewed then my information on landing papers is out of date. Will this be problem?

3. Will I have to re-apply all over again?

Thanks!

Hi DesiBhai,

Land in Canada ASAP. When you land in Canada you become PR so atleast you do not have to worry about that. Then apply for a new passport from the embassy of your country in Canada.

Pass port renewal

Hi Kenny,

I am also in the same boat though my Passport will expire after 7-8 months.
So did u renew your passport or not?
Do you plan to permanentaly stay back in CA or will come back after stamping as I have a plan to going to India after completing my stamping and then coming back to USA.

Please do let me know how are you handling this situation.

Many Thanks,
Mona