passport validity for stamping

ksundaram6518

My passport expires Jan 2004, If I were to go for stamping in Dec 2003, will they ask me to renew my passport before stamping?

Please let me know.

Passport stamping

In my country they require passport to be valid for at least 6 months but this policy is for non-immigrant visas (student, tourist, h-1b, etc). I don't know about green card stamping.

stamping

If you are stamping only in DEC you can get the passport renewed and get the stamp in the new passport. It take 1 day to renew the passport by person or 1 week by mail.

Passport Renewal

is a simple process. Can be done in a couple of weeks. We got ours renewed in 3 weeks by regular mail.

Mine was the same too !

Hey,

My passport expires in Jan of 2004 and I went for getting I-551 stamped in september of 2003.

It only dawned iupon me while sitting in the BCIS office that my passport will expire in Jan, so I asked the IIO. She told me it is perfectly OK to have I-551 stamped on an expired passport as long as u got a valid passport, but should I feel that I should also get the new passport tsamped I can go to BCIS office and get it stamped NO PROBLEM.

My suggestion to you is if you know your passport will expire in Jan what the heck are you waiting for, get it renewed man why you waitin' baby ?

When you know your passport is going to expire, what are your waiting for...., contact indian consulate nearest to you.