passport timeline thread ?

It seems that it is taking much longer time to get passports these days.
My wife applied for the passport by using the expedite service which usually takes less that two weeks. It is over a week now and the application not even showing up online. We called them yesterday and told us that it will take at least two more weeks because the agency is over loaded with expedited application and they can't promise we will get the passport even in three weeks. It is crazy.
The problem is my wife application got rerouted to New Orleans for processing and we live in Virginia so we can’t talk in to collect it. Please let us know if you have any suggest.

I applied on May 18 at a post office, with expedited service and got it back in hand on May 26. The status did not show up until it had already been mailed back to me.

Hi there!

U.S. Dept. Application Support Center in downtown D.C. routinely issues, if you travel within two weeks, a passport within 24 to 48 hrs. Everybody I know who had an appointment there (NoVa/DC residents) within the past two months had his/her passport in hands within 48 hrs.

This is important to me as well. Interview on June 20th in the afternoon, need to be en route to Italy on the 25th of June for a business trip. So they better issue me something hehehe.

Cheers!

Legal

Superho said:
I applied on May 18 at a post office, with expedited service and got it back in hand on May 26. The status did not show up until it had already been mailed back to me.

Hello Superho,
First of all, congratulations for your citizenship.
My question for is, did your passport get processed in Washington DC or PA or New Orleans, LA? becuase my wife's application got rerouted to New Orleans. Please let me know.
Thanks.

Sams68 said:
Hello Superho,
First of all, congratulations for your citizenship.
My question for is, did your passport get processed in Washington DC or PA or New Orleans, LA? becuase my wife's application got rerouted to New Orleans. Please let me know.
Thanks.

The envelope was sent to Philadelphia. When the return envelope came, the Phil address was scratched out and the NO address was written on it. I can only go on the assumption that it was processed in Philladelphia. Unfortunately, US passports have virtually no information on them. My Indian passport has address, parentage, spouse info, where issued, etc etc on it. So i have no way of knowing where exactly the US passport was issued...

If you are travelling, call and tell them that you are concerned because you need time to get a visa...

I applied for the passport last Friday with normal processing. Today the information showed up in the passport status web site. It says that I should be getting it around July 9th. I guess we'll see how precise they are.

K

I applied with normal processing on 4/27 at Merrifield PO, Washington DC District Office.
Status showed up on 5/4 with expected delivery date of 6/3.
The status changed today to "Final stages of processing" with a projected delivery date of 6/13.
I had called to check on status 6/1 and the rep told me that it was scheduled to be processed early this week (week of 6/5). Called again on Wednesday and she said she will send an email to the processing unit - not sure if that caused a bit of a push.

Superho said:

We applied for two expedited passports in the Campbell, CA postoffice. Passport was likely issued at San Francisco Passport issuing agency, but the passport itself says "US Department of State" as the issuing authority.

We applied on May 25th and we got our passports on June 2nd. Hope this helps.

Does the online status change to show the actual mail date after the passport is mailed from the processing center.

Thanks.

Superho said:

More specifically, does the online status show 'processing completed' or 'passport mailed' even if a date is not provided.
The status that I have noticed are:

1. Receipt --- ... Thank you for application .... requested normal processing ... expected delivery on or about date
2. Final stages of processing --- updated expected delivery on or about date

3. ???? Completed processing ???
4. ???? Mailed ???

Thanks.

Situation at SFO

I applied for 2 passports for my family (regular processing) on 5/9 (@the library), the status showed up online on 6/10 with the possible ETA as 7/4. This is after I called up the toll free number and gave them the CC# to expedite it.

Before that, each times I called them up, a different ETA was given ranging from 6/16, 6/24 to 7/16. It seems although I applied on 5/9, they received only on 5/16 and the file taken for processing on 6/5. I was told by one of the customer service reps that the 6 weeks starts from 6/5 and not 5/19. The processing time calculation is puzzle to me.

Later I applied for my passport (expedited) on 6/6 (@the post office) the status showed up on 6/10 stating that the passport is already despatched. I expect it to get it on 6/12

It is being processed at SFO.

Sams68 said:
It seems that it is taking much longer time to get passports these days.
My wife applied for the passport by using the expedite service which usually takes less that two weeks. It is over a week now and the application not even showing up online. We called them yesterday and told us that it will take at least two more weeks because the agency is over loaded with expedited application and they can't promise we will get the passport even in three weeks. It is crazy.
The problem is my wife application got rerouted to New Orleans for processing and we live in Virginia so we can’t talk in to collect it. Please let us know if you have any suggest.

Even my wife was told, it will take up to three weeks, and she got her passport in 9 days.
Application sent 06/01/06
Passport Received 06/10/06
Service used Expedited service.

New E Passports?

Does anyone know if they have started sending the new e passports with expedited service? Has anyone recieved the new passport or are they still giving the old ones?

Thanks

HRH

workhomes2003 said:
I am asking this question again:
what specific docs do we need to apply via expedited processing....

Same as the regular processing except more money. (Natz Cert. Original or Birth Cert., Photos, Driver's license or State issued picture ID to verify). That's it.