Passport time frame and comments on passport

USER12345

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I applied for my Passport on July 16 in Atlanta and received it in the mail on Aug 19th.

In the passport there was some interesting comments:

It say you can lose your US citzenship under certain circumstances , and it lists the circumstances ( cant remember exactly so wont paraphrase so that I dont give misinfomration but read on....).

The Key Message though was that it clearly states that it must be your intention to give up your US citiznship when you commit these acts , the acts themselves do not automatically cause you to lose the citzenship. This is good to know !

On dual citizenship it says that for those who are dual citzens it may be more difficult for them to get the benefits of being a US citizen when in the country of the other citzenship and one may be subject to laws such as conscription in the other country.

For me though the key message was the very open acknowledgement that many US citzens are dual citizens and that this is ok !

regards

USER12345 said:
For me though the key message was the very open acknowledgement that many US citzens are dual citizens and that this is ok !

regards

US tolerates dual citizenship. When I had my oath, the INS officer said that as long as the origin country allows dual citizenship, US is ok with it. Offcourse you dont want to advertise that you are a dual citizen as many people might say why did you bother to get US citizen to begin with.