Passport stamping

sunpad

Registered Users (C)
Does it matter if I go for stamping after one month from Green card approval since my passport is stuck with Indian consulate as I applied for duplicate passport in lieu of damged passport. It's already been 3 weeks and they say wait for another week.

Please advice.......
thanks,
Sunpad

I think it's ok to go for PP stamping anytime after getting your approval as long as you're within the country. But remember they can process your plastic card only after you get your PP stamped.

Also recently I read the following from one of the immigration sites and I don't know if it is actually true:

AILA inquiry with the INS HQ indicates that once EB-485 is approved and people appear at the District Offices for passport stamping of temporary evidence of permanent residence and I-89 processing for plastic card production, the District Offices need IBIS check if 35 days have passed since the IBIS check undertaken by the Service Centers passed 35 days because the IBIS check is valid only for 35 days. When the stamping can not be granted because of such problem, the District Offices are instructed to give a temporary 30-day stamping so that people can continue to work and travel. It is thus strongly suggested that the people who receive the I-797 Approval Notices appear at the District Offices as quickly as possible to avoid such problem.

Milli,
Even if you go fir stamping the next day after your approval, they do the IBIS check. I guess this is because the previous IBIS check is already more that 35 days old when the 485 is approved.

Lagaan2000

Originally posted by milli
I think it's ok to go for PP stamping anytime after getting your approval as long as you're within the country. But remember they can process your plastic card only after you get your PP stamped.

Also recently I read the following from one of the immigration sites and I don't know if it is actually true:

AILA inquiry with the INS HQ indicates that once EB-485 is approved and people appear at the District Offices for passport stamping of temporary evidence of permanent residence and I-89 processing for plastic card production, the District Offices need IBIS check if 35 days have passed since the IBIS check undertaken by the Service Centers passed 35 days because the IBIS check is valid only for 35 days. When the stamping can not be granted because of such problem, the District Offices are instructed to give a temporary 30-day stamping so that people can continue to work and travel. It is thus strongly suggested that the people who receive the I-797 Approval Notices appear at the District Offices as quickly as possible to avoid such problem.

Not a problem......

My friend got stamped after three weeks of approval....

You can go any time you wish....Not a problem.

-ChiefCook