passport stamping

I got my approval last week and courtesy copy today. I have some questions though:

Since I will be in New Orleans next week anyway for a conference, (where I am supposed to go for my passport stamping), can I just not wait for the copy that was sent to my lawyer and go with the 'courtesy copy'? (to save myself anothertrip down there which is 5 hours away from where I live)

2. What are all the documents do I need to take with me?

3. Do they take the photographs there at the INS office?

4. Any fees involved?

5. Do they ask for any other documents like employment letter, tax stuff etc.? I am just trying to figure out what all I need to carry with me.

6. My understanding is since our cases are already approved, all they should ask for is the I-485 notice and the passport and pictures, past EADs, right?

Well, then again, is the immigration people we are dealing with, where no logic ever worked or works or will work unfortunately.

You only need to bring the approval notice, your passport, your EAD(s) and two pictures with you to the INS office. No fee is need. The New Orleans office opens for stamping only on Tuesdays and Thursdays ( 8am -12pm). They are pretty good and efficient. It took us only 1 hour to finish every thing. Also they have a department for passport picture taken and it only cost 12 dollars for two pictures.

Thank you so much Henry. One more thing, do I have to make an appointment with them? Or can I just walk in? Am I supposed to expect long delays? Because I will be sneaking out of the conference I am attendinig to get to the INS office in New Orleans.
Thanks.

Infopass

I just made an appoint thru 'Infopass' at the New Orleans office for my passport stamping nxt week. I go have some questions though:

1. Do I need to make 2 appointments for me and my wife? Or just one appointment will work for both of us.
2. Do I need to carry Employment letter, tax stuff etc.? Since the case is already approved, will they be asking me any questions at all or is it a pretty clear-cut, simple formality?
3. Will the 'courtesy copy' work or will they ask for the original approval that went to the lawyer?

Any one with experience?

Thank you. I just made another appointment for my wife for the passport stamping. But I could only do it for a different time, same day though.

So my question is, we will be seen separately by two different officers? Or is it going to be both of us sitting with the same immigration officer?

I'm a little confused here.
Thanks in advance.

You are two individuals and will be seen seperately; it is just possible that you may be seen by the same officer, but that would be just a statistical probability!
Dont worry, you both are home safe.

henry_the_great said:
You only need to bring the approval notice, your passport, your EAD(s) and two pictures with you to the INS office. No fee is need. The New Orleans office opens for stamping only on Tuesdays and Thursdays ( 8am -12pm). They are pretty good and efficient. It took us only 1 hour to finish every thing. Also they have a department for passport picture taken and it only cost 12 dollars for two pictures.
You can get the passports stamped on any day if you have an INFOPASS appointment. I got my passport stamped in New Orleans on Monday with INFOPASS appointment even though my approval letter ssys to come on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Is infopass appointment necessary

1. Is infopass appointment absolutely necessary or can we walk-in.
2. Tried infopass but says no appointments available...what does that mean?
3. What all is needed
4. Is there anyone who's got there passport stamped recently on phoenix, arizona.

thanks in advance

1. Is infopass appointment absolutely necessary or can we walk-in.

Almost all offices are taking walk-ins only in emergency situations, and may take a long time waiting. You can give a try if you want, but get a good excuse and tons of patience

2. Tried infopass but says no appointments available...what does that mean?

Means there are no more appointments available for the day, you may try next day early. The appoinments are given for same weekday in two weeks

3. What all is needed

Officially they will only ask for what's is written on the Approval Notice. Passports, pictures, I-94 and Approval Notice. Depending on the case, the officer may ask for some more documents. Had seen people asked for APs and EADs, or copies of them. Best approach, take everything with you (including copies) and don't volunteer anything you haven't been asked for.

4. Is there anyone who's got there passport stamped recently on phoenix, arizona.

Sorry, not me I got it in Tampa last week.

Good luck
Rich