Passport Stamping

ssesha

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Do we need to keep all the EADs and APs or Passport stamping. I think I have misplaced one of my 3 EADS. Will that cause a problem when I go for stamping whiah I think will be at Chicago.

Thanks in advance

In my case, I had all of them. When i went for stamping, counter person just asked for EADs and APs, and I-94. She didn't check the dates on cards and she didn't count how many I have.

But some people say they ask for all of them, any other seniors can add more info...

My passport is expiring by the end of year and i got notice from INS to go to local INS for stamping.
Is it ok with the expiring passport by Dec'2004 . If i get stamped and renew the passport do they carry the GCC stamping to the new one.

1. Take whatever EADs and AP papers you have. If they ask you to submit them do so. I had all my EADs and AP papers, but they did not ask me to turn them in. Of course I did not volunteer, so I'm keeping them as souveniers. Remember, your PR has already been approved. They will not deny it because you do not have your old EADs with you.

2. You have over 6 months left on your passport. You should be fine. Of course you can always send it to your embassy/consulate to have it renewed.

rgds,
sadiq

My passport is expiring by the end of year and i got notice from INS to go to local INS for stamping.
Is it ok with the expiring passport by Dec'2004 . If i get stamped and renew the passport do they carry the GCC stamping to the new one.

I was asked for EADs and APs. However, the officer did not check it. My feeling is they just get whatever you have at that time.
Again, your case is already apprioved. There should not be any issue.

march02485info, you can get your Passport stamped if it is expiring in Dec 2004. There should be no problem in applying for Renewal (or New Passport), you just need to carry both the Passports when you travel. And dont really worry, now a days, the Cards are coming pretty fast, mine came in less than 10 days.

Well, my understanding is that the " new passport wont have the GC stampings of old passport " .. or " Will they re-scan it to new passport " Correct me if i am wrong..

I am not sure if the Embassy will send the old passport as well to me.. Just confused and can't get hold these embassy guys..

Thanks for suggestions.. appreciated..

march02485info, the Embassy/Consulate will send back your old Passport as well. The stamp can be on the expired (canceled) passport, no problem. Just carry both with you while traveling and as I said, Cards will come pretty fast.
By the way, the Stamp is very un-official looking stamp, but it does prove that you are a Permanent Resident. Just take it easy, no sweat !!!

Thanks a lot. I just submitted my current EAD but all paroles. No problem. I am posting a detailed thread a little later.