Passport Stamping questions

bangloreboy

Registered Users (C)
I know there are several posts in this forum. Now i am going to ask same questions:

1. Do I need to call Newark INS office for appointment for passport stamping or do walk-in?

2. What is the best time?

3. What documents I have to carry?

Really appreciate your responses.

Bangloreboy
AD: 09/15/2004
RFE: 06/15/2004, RFE Updt: 07/07/2004
FP: 1. 8/22/2002, 2. 03/04/2004, 3. 06/03/04
ND: 07/01/2002
RD: 06/26/2002

1. Do I need to call Newark INS office for appointment for passport stamping or do walk-in?

You can walk in Any wednesday between 8.00 am to 12.00 noon

2. What is the best time?

Between 8.00 AM - 9.00 AM

3. What documents I have to carry?

You EADS,AP,I-94,PASSPORT,2 ADIT style photos

Just a note to previous reply --- ADIT PHOTOS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE ANYMORE. Take PP style photos.

RD0203 said:
Just a note to previous reply --- ADIT PHOTOS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE ANYMORE. Take PP style photos.
The notice I got for 09/10/2004 still mentioned ADIT style. It is confusing. I will bring both anyway.

Best to get both

Guys,
I think its a good idea to take both photos ADIT & PP style.
I am also in the queue to get my PP stamped. Waiting for my approval letter by mail.

-GC0902

Three more questions need confirmation.
How to make appointment for newark center, what is the number and approximate schedual (how long from today)?
Can I go with only the courtesy copy of approval?
My understanding is that I can go any day except Wed and wait in line for Passport Stamping purpose, right?
Many thanks.

waiting2long said:
The notice I got for 09/10/2004 still mentioned ADIT style. It is confusing. I will bring both anyway.

I already used PP style photo back to 08/04/04 when I did my stamping. PP style is enough.

ind15 said:
you can go on any wednesday between 8:00am - 12:00 pm, even if you do not have an appointment.

if you want to go on any other day & time, you need an appointment.

to make an appointment, use the following link
http://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

This is against what is said in another post, however.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=139314&highlight=cherry+hill

Tried my luck today based on this and found that whatever the officer said was very true. On all weekdays except Wednesday, walk-ins are allowed. If you are in line by 8:30 AM (they stop the walk-ins by that time) you can be back after completing your stamping at 3:00 PM. I was there at 7:50 AM and completed my stamping by 3:00 PM.

During this exercise, I found that:
1) Appointment for GC stamping is indeed to meet/speak to a counsellor as you will first show your appointment and get to meet the counsellor with the documents (approval notice) required. She looks at it and takes a FP and gives a form along with a token number.
2) If you don't have an appointment, you will have to wait in line to meet the counsellor. A solid 2.5 hours wait. With an appointment, you can walk-in to meet the counsellor directly in the 3rd floor
3) Stamping is indeed done on any day not just wednesday alone. But wednesday stamping needs appointment. You will not be allowed inside without an appointment
4) From Sep 01, the photographs need to be full frontal and not side facing. Currently, they are accepting both types.

Guys,
I took an appointment for GC stamping. It is not allowing me to take another appointment for my wife. Do you think one appointment is good enough for both of us.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Infg20.