Passport Stamping Question

fgh jkl

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys...
My wife\'s and my I-485 got approved recently. However, my wife is in India at present. Do you know if I can go for my passport stamping now, and she gets her passport stamped after she gets back in the country? Or do I have to wait until she gets back so we we won\'t have any problems. She is on EAD/AP. Also, are there any appointments required for stamping, or can you just walk in with the approval notice?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi guys...
My wife\'s and my I-485 got approved recently. However, my wife is in India at present. Do you know if I can go for my passport stamping now, and she gets her passport stamped after she gets back in the country? Or do I have to wait until she gets back so we we won\'t have any problems. She is on EAD/AP. Also, are there any appointments required for stamping, or can you just walk in with the approval notice?

Thanks a lot!!

Hope this helps

You can get your PP stamped...But for your wife

Attorney Murthy: If one was abroad when the I-485 was approved, then one cannot use AP to enter, since the AP is only when the I-485 is still pending. Instead, INS instructions allow a person to be paroled in for deferred inspection. The individual then has to go to the local INS Dist. Office to get the stamp with the Temporary Evidence of Lawful Permanent Resident in the PP and come back to the port of entry to show the stamp to the Inspector at a date / time the Inspector indicates.