Passport stamping question!

Jeromy

Registered Users (C)
I am scheduled to do my passport stamp next week. The approval notice mentioned that I need to bring current EAD. However, I didn't apply the EAD after the last one expired since my employer didn't ask me to do so. Now the question is what I should tell the officer when she/he ask for my EAD. Is this gonna be a big issue?

Thanks for any reply.

Jeromy

I-94

Hi Gurus,
My I-485 approval notice ask me to bring I-94 with me to go to PP stamping.
I have several I-94s for F1, H1, since I came to US in 1995. 1. Should I bring all of them or just the current one or the very first one when I came to US.
2. I lost one of my H1 I-94, will it be OK to PP stamping? 3. Can I just bring copy of the lost I-94? 4. What if they don't accept copy one, what should I do? 5. Will they take away all of my I-94 and I will lose all of them?
Thanks.
reachsky

Jeromy

I am scheduled to do my passport stamp next week. The approval notice mentioned that I need to bring current EAD. However, I didn't apply the EAD after the last one expired since my employer didn't ask me to do so. Now the question is what I should tell the officer when she/he ask for my EAD. Is this gonna be a big issue?

Thanks for any reply.

Jeromy

Jeromy,

What is your status are you working on H1 or used EAD? and did you went back to H1 status after EAD expiration. What I understood from your posting is you are working on EAD and you didn't renewed it since your employer didn't asked. So please clarify your status.

Chances are you can have your pp stamped without problem.
But your EAD thing is a pain in the ass and it can backfire upon you if it is noticed. my 2cents :(

Jeromy

I was working on my EAD, but I didn't renew it.

You may face some problems (I am not scaring you). You are working without EAD pending I-485, so when you go for PP stamping not submitting your current/valid EAD will raise a red flag. So if you have a lawyer, ask him/her what do or ask your lawyer to accompany you for PP stamping. Good Luck and please post the details.

Don't LIE

Should I tell them the truth, or just simply say that I lost it.

Don't lie to a Federal Officer and if they look in their system they know whether have you applied for EAD if so it approved or not. So please consult your lawyer, if you have one or find a lawyer to help you out of this mess.

Don't worry too much. Just give them the old EAD and try not to talk too much about it. And incase if the officer asks you about the present EAD, you can just say that you didn't renew it as you were not working after the last EAD expired and now after your stamping is done, you will start working for the employer. I really don't think that they will check with your company about your working status.

EAD is only needed to work and you are still in status as long as your I485 is pending. Now that your I485 is approved, you are eligible to work and renewing EAD is necessary only if you want to work while your I485 is pending and you don't have any other valid Work Permit like H1, L1 or J1 etc.

But to be on safe side, I would consider talking to a lawyer first and then I will act accordingly.

Jeromy said:
Should I tell them the truth, or just simply say that I lost it.

Jeromy

Quoted by Needhelp1
Don't worry too much. Just give them the old EAD and try not to talk too much about it. And incase if the officer asks you about the present EAD, you can just say that you didn't renew it as you were not working after the last EAD expired and now after your stamping is done, you will start working for the employer. I really don't think that they will check with your company about your working status.

In my earlier posting I said don't lie to a federal officer, so please. Contact a lawyer and take his/her advice. Its up to you, what to do.

I think Needhelp1 really "needs help"

I did my stamping this week. My notice didn't ask me to bring my EAD cards. I took it with me any way. However, the person who stamped my passport never asked for my EADs or any thing. Just took my fingerprints and photographs and stamped the passport. She didn't ask any questions either ... So my suggestion is: if your notice doesn't ask you to bring your EAD cards (you can use your driver's license and passport for identification), don't bother at all.

My advise is take what ever you have. Explain the fact for any ting not having. This should not create problem for staming. Because case has already been approved.

I n my wife's case we told we misplaced expired EAD. We told the fact.
They took is very easy.

Good luck

ARB123

Is there a check list to get the GC passport stamping, if so what are required documents will photocopies work. Thanks

lbrga101 said:
Is there a check list to get the GC passport stamping, if so what are required documents will photocopies work. Thanks

There is no check list. You have to make your own check list.
Apart from what they indicate in the approval letter, generally they ask:
1. All EADs
2. All advance payroles.

If you do not have or misplaced. Tell the fact.

No copies for these or other documents they ask in approval.

Naturally they expect originals.

Good luck

ARB123

My attorney faxed me a copy of the approved I140 and I had it along with me when I went for the passport stamping. But apart from the original 485 approval notice, passport validity and current EAD I dont think they even care about the other things.

lbrga101 said:
The original I-140 goes to the employer, will the copy 0f I-140 approval be enough