Passport Stamping in Newark - Question

dahlia

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My 485 is approved and my wife is still waiting for the approval. I am planning to take an infopass appt for me now and go for stamping. But what happens when my wife will be approved? WIll I be able to go with her or only the person concerned is allowed in the building? Anybody has any experience?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ok, here is what u need to do.
U get stamped now. When ur wife needs to go, get infopass for ur wife for stamping option and get yourself for the option ' need to tak to immg officer on ur case'. Get both appts for the same time. That's it. U can go with ur wife. No questions will be asked. In case if they ask U what question u have, tell them that u didn't get ur plastic card and u r here to check the status.

I did the same exact thing in newark. No questions were asked.

Red_Card, Thanks for the reply. Did you actually talk to the officer for ur cards? Can u tell me your stamping experience?

I didn't talk to anybody. I used the infopass just to get inside the building so that I could be with my wife.

Stamping is no problem.
Try to get the earliest appt like 8:00 or 8:30 AM and be there around 7:45. U will be out by 9:30 or else u will have to wait for atleast 4 hours. I parked right behind the building for $8.

Thanks Red_card.

Sorry to bother you again, but can you confirm the following directions/parking to Newark office? (I got it from other thread)

Also if we go early morning, do we have to stand outside?

Directions to Newark office:

970 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07102

Assuming that you are driving. Here's what you should do. If you are on Broad street coming from RT 1/9 and the Newark airport area, this 970 Broad street is on the RIGHT HAND side. The place is a Mult-Story building, can't really see any SIGNS!

It's between E.KINNEY ST and WALNUT STREET.

The building is not accessible by CAR. Its part of a federal buildings area, plenty of GOVT buildings around it so you cannot drive up to it.

DO THIS.

From Broad Street, make a right on to E. Kinney and then make your first left on to Orchard Street. This is the closest you can get to 970 Broad by CAR. There is a public parking lot on Orchard Street. It will cost you a maximum of $11 there.

I don't think you need a second appointment. When I went, nobody outside the building asked for the appointment printout. Its only on the third floor that they see the printout. Seemed to me that many people were accompanied by family members who did'nt have any work.

My wife got her PP stamped today at Newark. I had already got staped in September. Anyway she went in first and I was waiting in the cafeteria. After she got her token she came down to the cafeteria and then the both of us went up to the third floor. Nobody asked to see a letter then.