Passport Stamping in Chicago (or general) questions

lambu2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My wife and i both got approved to get our pp stamped in the Chicago office. Just a couple of general questions
1.) We both have different last names...so do we make 2 Infopass appointments?
2.) Should be just take 2 front face pictures each because our letter says to take ADIT style pics.
3.) Since our letter just says stamping...we wont be asked to give an interview right?? So no need to take a lawyer right?
4.) Does anyone know what is asked during stamping?
5.) We will be taking passport, ID, EAD cards, letter, photos,and i94 (we dont have any APs). Do we need anything more?
6.) How long are Chicago ppl waitin before they get their GC? Since recently someone posted that it is coming directly now instead of the stamp
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149861
I'm new here and would appreciate all the help I can get.
Thanks so much

My passport was stamped in Charlotte, NC. Maybe I can answer some of your general questions:

1) Yes, different InfoPass appointments are required for each person.
2) Pictures = passport type, front facing
3) No interview, just stamping and some casual conversations :)
4) They will explain what the stamp is all about and would tell you when to expect to receive the plastic card.
5) In addition to the required documents, bring supporting documents just in case (birth/marriage certificates, H1-B/H4 approval notices and extensions) the officer asks for it. Just give them what is stated on the I-485 approval notice, but better be on the safe side if they need anything else.
6) Not sure

If the field office is a 2+ drive from your city, it could be a mini-vacation. At least that's what we had and it was actually fun, relaxing experience :)

not sure if i can answer all your questions.but i can share my experience.
1) not sure if u need two appointments.as they are not checking the names or any thing on infopass. But may be some one can answer your questions.
2)Take front facing pictures.For my wife even if she had front facing pictures they said her right ear was not showing .so she had to take it again in wall greens opposite to INS office in downtown chicag.Especially the woman there at the office was very rude.(me and my wife had stamping at different times).
3) no interview at all.
4) Nothing.they wont ask you any thing.
5) they did not ask for any additional documents.
6) not sure.my wife had approval couple of weeks ago and had her stamping on thursday.